Do you know the name of the maker of the "roller" tune o matic?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Fantomaz
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Do you know the name of the maker of the "roller" tune o matic?

Post by Fantomaz » Tue May 03, 2022 2:43 pm

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum,

I had a look in the FAQ and searched but cannot find an answer to this:

I just bought a Fender Noventa Jazzmaster that has a tune o matic style bridge.

I have an Eastwood baritone guitar with exactly the same tune o matic which is actually a bit different from the Gibson item (larger holes) but with rollers on the saddles.

Do you know who makes this "roller" tune o matic style bridge? (Ideally for a 9,5 radius and the proper width for a jazzmaster, otherwise I can replace only the saddles)

I realised that the "factory" arrangement on the noventa does not stay in tune, even with the lightest trem use :-/

Thanks in advance.

F.

dinosaurkale->
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Do you know the name of the maker of the "roller" tune o matic?

Post by dinosaurkale-> » Wed May 04, 2022 4:18 am

roller TOM bridges are 12"

i'm not aware of any that are 9.5" radius

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Do you know the name of the maker of the "roller" tune o matic?

Post by timtam » Wed May 04, 2022 5:27 am

AFAIK there is no service manual for the Noventa, but it likely has the same Korean-made 0076230049 AOM bridge as the other Fender Mexico-made offsets, like the Classic Player and Vintera Modified 60s JM.
https://darrenriley.com/store/fender-cl ... 076230049/

So you will find discussions here of retrofitting that AOM bridge with roller bridges - either Wilkinson-style or the more conventional style, probably similar to your Eastwood.

As to who makes the AOM or the roller versions, that is somewhat unclear. It could be WSC Music in Korea (website below), who only sell to builders and retailers in commercial quantities. So you will find products that look like they could be theirs from many Asian parts sellers, and on Asian-made guitars. eg GFS. It's also likely that there are other Asian companies making similar bridges, but less likely to be supplying major manufacturers.
https://shoppartsland.com/electric-bass ... e-o-matic/

The best bet for a successful retrofit is being 100% sure of your measurements (the bridge you have, and the one you want to replace it with - post diameters, post spacing etc.). Radius is unfortunately something that not many TOM vendors are explicit about.
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.