Help my pickup has slid out of my jaguar

For help with setups and other technical issues.
HNB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Help my pickup has slid out of my jaguar

Post by HNB » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:07 pm

Glad that worked for you. :) Happy to be able to help. Don't worry about it hurting the value or the guitar or anything. It is pretty commonly used for stripped holes in wood. :)
Christopher
Lilith Guitars

adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by adamrobertt » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:07 pm

Glad you got it sorted out. FYI we usually just call those guys who can fix guitars but don't necessarily build them "techs."

auxiliaryjoel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by auxiliaryjoel » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:37 pm

adamrobertt wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:07 pm
Glad you got it sorted out. FYI we usually just call those guys who can fix guitars but don't necessarily build them "techs."
Ah cheers, good to know. That's quicker to type too, ha ha

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:07 am

Glad its fixed, and i personally dont understand the response of other forum members- seemed like you just wanted to understand something you didnt know about and got accused of melodrama, that if was even there was annoyance directed at nothing other than the frusrrating guitar not working.

adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by adamrobertt » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:57 am

jorri wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:07 am
Glad its fixed, and i personally dont understand the response of other forum members- seemed like you just wanted to understand something you didnt know about and got accused of melodrama, that if was even there was annoyance directed at nothing other than the frusrrating guitar not working.
lol I think it's mostly how he was phrasing it - saying that putting a toohtpick into a hole is "outside one's skill level" is kind of an absurd thing to say. If he was like "hmm, okay, seems like an easy fix but I'm not sure how confident I feel trying to fix it myself because I've never done this before" he probably would have gotten more sympathy.

I hope we didn't scare him off though, the more the merrier!

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:14 pm

adamrobertt wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:57 am
jorri wrote:
lol I think it's mostly how he was phrasing it - saying that putting a toohtpick into a hole is "outside one's skill level" is kind of an absurd thing to say. If he was like "hmm, okay, seems like an easy fix but I'm not sure how confident I feel trying to fix it myself because I've never done this before" he probably would have gotten more sympathy.

Well probably because he thought it was actually more complicated than putting a stick in hole and didnt realise it is literally just that..., like drilling and clamps and some joiner's expertise...idk i dont speak for him

auxiliaryjoel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by auxiliaryjoel » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:20 am

jorri wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:14 pm
adamrobertt wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:57 am
jorri wrote:

Well probably because he thought it was actually more complicated than putting a stick in hole and didnt realise it is literally just that..., like drilling and clamps and some joiner's expertise...idk i dont speak for him
Yes pretty much this.
I guess if I was going to explain it... it might be similar to how some songs are so good that they sound like unobtainable magic. And then you learn how to play the song and think "oh, so it's actually pretty easy". But up until that point it just seems out of your grasps.
Ha ha.
This is how I felt about the concept of repairing this issue. In hindsight, it is simple. But having never needed to know about such things with any of my other guitars up to this point; I always considered any type of guitar repair to be beyond me. It probably stems from a fear of damaging the guitar further - particularly as it was a new one that I hadn't 100% decided if it was a keeper or not. So the idea of jamming some toothpicks into something that I might possibly be trying to sell in a 'as new condition' shortly afterwards wasn't soundly appealing, ha ha!
But, yes it did end up being easy and also getting a tech to add in Lollar pickups was a great outcome and I now love the guitar. It now sounds like all the things I love of my other Jags whilst also bringing its own personality too.