Vista Series Jagmaster bridge saddle replacement

For help with setups and other technical issues.
jetsandrain
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Vista Series Jagmaster bridge saddle replacement

Post by jetsandrain » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:19 pm

Hello. I've been getting back into playing my vista series Jagmaster again. I've had trouble getting the setup just right, because a couple of the bridge saddles have seized height adjustment screws. Some of the other saddles also seem a bit warped and making uneven contact, a likely source of buzzing/rattling. Getting replacements seems like the easiest solution, but the more I stare at it the less sure I am which size replacement saddles I need.

Here is what I'm dealing with:

Five of the saddles are Fender stamped, the high E is not. Clearly some modification was done at some point. I am not the original owner, so I don't know what it had new. The saddles vary between 10.6 and 11mm wide. The string spacing measures 55mm at the bridge, but that seems pretty wide vs. the bridge pickup pole pieces.

Does any of this seem original? Can anyone clue me in to what size saddles this thing ought to have? I'll replace the whole trem unit if need be.

alexpigment
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Vista Series Jagmaster bridge saddle replacement

Post by alexpigment » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm

I did own a 97 Vista Jagmaster (i.e. the 2nd run with the bullet truss rod at the headstock), and while I don't have it anymore, I still have pictures. Mine also had the Fender stamped saddles, and they appear to be 55mm string spacing. I would think that you could get any stock wide spacing saddles for the guitar and it would work. Note, however, that the last Fender strat bridge I bought had saddle height screws that were all the same height (annoying). If you haven't done so already, it might be worth just trying to give the saddles a soak in WD-40 for an hour or two and seeing if they start working correctly afterward.

jetsandrain
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by jetsandrain » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:29 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. This guitar has the truss rod adjustment at the heel, would that make it a '96?

alexpigment
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by alexpigment » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:15 pm

I believe so, but I think there was some overlap in 97. The initial run definitely had the heel adjust though.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:56 pm

omg, someone has a white vista as beat up as mine. welcome to the club

ok, mine has saddles from a telecaster BUT i'm planning on changing them out for graphtech ones as soon as i can since i usually.
these are the ones i have on there at the moment.

these are the type i'm going to replace them with.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'