Will an AVRI 62 Jaguar guard fit a Vintera 60s Jaguar?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Will an AVRI 62 Jaguar guard fit a Vintera 60s Jaguar?

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:22 am

With the right alignment of Jupiter, Moon and Mars and an all-time low of estimated shipping time with 1-2 weeks - I was finally brave (and financially liquid) enough to order an OTM Vintera 60s Jag at Thomann last week...Well we will see if it goes back up to 12-13 weeks before or after I receive a notification...

While I normally love Tortoise Guards I think I won't on the OTM (but I have to check that in person). But I want to be prepared.
A light/vintage Mint or something in the Cream territory comes to my mind - as does 3ply Black and Anodized Black.

Anyhow. Title says it all...
Can you - who had one of those in their hands or an already exchanged Vintera pickguard laying around (Ceylon?) please speak up whether a guard designed for AVRI 62 will or will not fit the holes and curves of the Vintera? ...Templates or Tracings for/of a Vintera guard and letting me check for myself would be an alternative! ;-)

While I could easily order one specifically made for the Vintera models from Brian/Earl Pilanz I would also need some parts from Custom World Guitar Parts but they only have the AVRI 62 guards that say they won't fit Mexican Models...

Thank you!

adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Will an AVRI 62 Jaguar guard fit a Vintera 60s Jaguar?

Post by adamrobertt » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:18 pm

I'm pretty sure that the guards from the '62 onward will fit all of the current production American and Mexican models. It's only the ones from overseas that have compatibility issues these days, and sometimes even those will work.

I put a US guard on my 60th Anniversary Jazzmaster (Mexcian model from 2018) and it fit perfectly. I don't know why they're saying they won't fit - maybe just to cover all their bases so they don't have to deal with returns? I think you'll probably be OK though.

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Will an AVRI 62 Jaguar guard fit a Vintera 60s Jaguar?

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:32 am

Thanks adamrobert! I was guessing so too.
Having a Japanese Jaguar I know that it's quite a pain in the ass to find a fitting pickguard - and this makes me anxious when I read those lines - but you might be right!.