Staytrem selling internationally again

For help with setups and other technical issues.
JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Staytrem selling internationally again

Post by JVG » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:15 pm

Perhaps John (Staytrem) has found someone to carry on the business for him, since he was adamant about easing into retirement.

As for anyone lamenting that you might no longer be able to re-sell for exorbitant prices, tough luck. Staytrem has never been about maximising profit, and to take advantage of this by re-selling at obscenely inflated prices is poor form.

Jorri - you could use one of his 55mm Bass VI bridges, if you didn’t mind the extra width?

whatisdust
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by whatisdust » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:11 pm

This is great news! I put a Staytrem Bass VI bridge on my 1990’s MIJ Bass reissue. It really works great & intonations perfectly. Now that Staytrem is shipping to the States again, I’ll be ordering one for my Black Squier Bass VI. This is really great news. ;D

Pepe Silvia
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pepe Silvia » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:30 am

JVG wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:15 pm
Perhaps John (Staytrem) has found someone to carry on the business for him, since he was adamant about easing into retirement.

As for anyone lamenting that you might no longer be able to re-sell for exorbitant prices, tough luck. Staytrem has never been about maximising profit, and to take advantage of this by re-selling at obscenely inflated prices is poor form.

Jorri - you could use one of his 55mm Bass VI bridges, if you didn’t mind the extra width?
Have you ever sold anything for more than you paid for it?

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:52 am

Seems like a fairly clear-cut case of a business deciding to wait till the Brexit dust settled before deciding on whether or not it'd be feasible to sell internationally ever again. If he'd been taking orders all this time, he'd doubtless have a backlog he'd feel honour-bound to fulfill, even if it meant him taking the financial hit, assuming there was one.

adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by adamrobertt » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:51 am

Pepe Silvia wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:30 am
JVG wrote:

It's one thing to benefit from a strong market organically - it's quite another to buy stuff up with the sole purpose of making a profit so that no one else can get it at a normal price. But that hasn't really happened with the Staytrem stuff, imo. You're a sucker if you don't sell something for current market value, even if it's technically overpriced.

Pepe Silvia
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pepe Silvia » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:41 am

adamrobertt wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:51 am
Pepe Silvia wrote:
JVG wrote:

It's one thing to benefit from a strong market organically - it's quite another to buy stuff up with the sole purpose of making a profit so that no one else can get it at a normal price. But that hasn't really happened with the Staytrem stuff, imo. You're a sucker if you don't sell something for current market value, even if it's technically overpriced.
I agree. I'm just saying because it looks like I'm the only one lamenting that I can't sell my staytrem for 2x what I paid in this thread. I didn't buy it with the sole purpose of selling it, but I had been meaning to sell it but was dragging my feet.

I don't have enough fingers to count the amount of times members on here have bought gear for a deal from another member and flipped it on here for profit. Or if someone posted a good deal in the craigslist forum, often a person buys it and flips it on here.

adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by adamrobertt » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:56 pm

Pepe Silvia wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:41 am
adamrobertt wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:51 am
Pepe Silvia wrote:

I agree. I'm just saying because it looks like I'm the only one lamenting that I can't sell my staytrem for 2x what I paid in this thread. I didn't buy it with the sole purpose of selling it, but I had been meaning to sell it but was dragging my feet.

I don't have enough fingers to count the amount of times members on here have bought gear for a deal from another member and flipped it on here for profit. Or if someone posted a good deal in the craigslist forum, often a person buys it and flips it on here.
One time I bought a guitar on here and ended up not liking it as much as I thought AND had the opportunity to buy a guitar that I had lusted after awhile, so I sold it after only a week or two. The guy who had originally sold it to me messaged me like "dude what the fuck I just sold that to you" and took it all personally and shit... I was honestly really surprised. I just responded with "sorry man just wasn't for me" or something. It wasn't my intent to flip it, it just kinda happened.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:29 pm

Great to know! I reckon I'll give him some business soon. :)
This is an excellent rectangle

wproffitt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by wproffitt » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:21 pm

I tried to buy a new trem arm and collet for my JM as soon as I saw this yesterday. Maybe I misunderstood what was happening, but it seems like he is out of stock, so I guess I actually just placed a pre-order and will get invoiced when the arm and collet are available. I don’t really know when that will be, though. Did I somehow miss this on the Staytrem website?

hexes
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hexes » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:02 pm

pre-ordered 3! best news all year!! so happy!

Nick and the Noise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Nick and the Noise » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:49 am

I love my Staytrem bridge (and trem). :-*

How about selling those TOM conversion kits again? Also, let's not mention Brexit okay? :ph34r:

MrJagsquire
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MrJagsquire » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:10 am

I put the 9.5" radius bridge on my Player Jaguar a month or two ago, since I'm UK based the price wasn't bad, especially compared to Mastery options. I like the different string spacing to the original one and despite me spending time changing for shorter screws, putting threadlock on ,etc the original bridge still rattled and slipped out of adjustment frequently.

Between the Staytrem bridge and the work I did polishing up the frets/fret ends and sorting the nut I've got a really nice playing guitar now...just about to swap the pickups for a set of Pure Vintage '65s that I bought used to finish it off. Will have cost me less than half what I was considering paying for an American Pro model last September (and I might have still had to change the bridge on that one too).

kingmedicine
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kingmedicine » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:52 am

wproffitt wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:21 pm
I tried to buy a new trem arm and collet for my JM as soon as I saw this yesterday. Maybe I misunderstood what was happening, but it seems like he is out of stock, so I guess I actually just placed a pre-order and will get invoiced when the arm and collet are available. I don’t really know when that will be, though. Did I somehow miss this on the Staytrem website?
That seems to be how the pre-orders are working currently, my confirmation email mentioned something about 5-10 days until the bridges would be in stock I think. Just as a reference point, I placed my order on Jan 7 for a bridge (out of stock) and a collet (was in stock at the time)...John just invoiced me yesterday (Jan 13) for both.

wproffitt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by wproffitt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:46 am

John invoiced me yesterday also, so all is well! I’m excited because I LOVE what this collet/arm did for my other JM.

kamillebidan
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kamillebidan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:33 pm

Thanks for informing us OP, I ordered my collet/arm for my squeaktastic AVRI trem finally!