Mastery bridge on an AV 65 Jaguar: thimbles question

For help with setups and other technical issues.
HedonismBot
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Mastery bridge on an AV 65 Jaguar: thimbles question

Post by HedonismBot » Fri May 24, 2024 7:44 pm

Anyone installed one? I can’t seem to find an answer as to whether I need the conversion thimbles or not. Their website says I’d have to use the M1kit (bridge + MT thimbles) for any American made Jag from 2013 on. I have a 2013 AV 65 Jaguar that I just bought a used Mastery for. I wasn’t sure if I needed the thimbles so I ordered those as well. I just tried to fit the bridge before installing the conversion thimbles and, to my surprise, the bridge drops in and fits perfectly (rocking action seems to be completely disabled). This means I don’t need to replace the stock thimbles, correct? Or am I missing something?

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Mastery bridge on an AV 65 Jaguar: thimbles question

Post by andy_tchp » Fri May 24, 2024 10:12 pm

HedonismBot wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 7:44 pm
I just tried to fit the bridge before installing the conversion thimbles and, to my surprise, the bridge drops in and fits perfectly (rocking action seems to be completely disabled). This means I don’t need to replace the stock thimbles, correct?
Yep, spot on.

There shouldn't be any requirement to replace thimbles on an AV65 or AVRI Jag. Their own thimbles are a supposedly tighter tolerance than those Fender use, but the bridge posts were designed to fit those American Fender thimbles in the first place.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.