JAZZBLASTER builders.. how are you getting along?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

JAZZBLASTER builders.. how are you getting along?

Post by daydreamdelay » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:38 pm

a few people built Jazzblasters within the last year and I'm curious about how you like them now that the honeymoon is over.. basically looking for positives and negatives, things you've noticed about them, have they become your #1 ??

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Re: JAZZBLASTER builders.. how are you getting along?

Post by i love sharin foo » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:42 am

I sold mine to raise money to buy that '66 Jazz from you and I've missed it a lot since then. It was nice to have such a different sound out of a standard feeling Jazzmaster. I know most people say the RI WRHBs are junk but I liked them a lot. I thought they worked really well with it. I think a lot of the muddy sund people get from them depends a fair bit on the cap choice and pot value. I want to build another sometime if possible. I think next time though I might just use a stock AVRI JM and convert it over and strip the electronics down to just the tone knob and  3 way switch. Overall it was definitely worth the work it took to build it.

Justin
This isn’t some kind of metaphor
Goddamn this is real

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:06 pm

I liked that one!
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

eupat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by eupat » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:28 pm

mine is more likely a Tele Custom with a Jazzmaster body shape because it has a string through hardtail.

now that the honeymoon is over, I very happy, because while I was building it, I was afraid of ending with a piece of perhaps unplayable.
i bought the Squier neck used, and it was my first built.

like justin, I must say I'm very happy the RI Wide Ranges, it's really the sound I was after

the only modification I would do is changing the both pups position from parallel to series, becaus it sounds a bit too thin.

and the only drawback is the weight, after 2 hours of rehearsal, my left shoulder hurts !
si t'as mal aux cervicales, arrête le métal!