Re: So THAT'S what guys that play Jazzmasters are like!!!

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
guinsu
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by guinsu » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:33 pm

StevenO wrote: I wouldn't consider Brand New "emo" exactly but I do see where you're coming from. They listen to all the same bands that the people here listen to. Modest Mouse, Radiohead, Jesus Lizard, Dinosaur Jr., Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine, etc.,etc. They just get lumped into the emo categories because of their origins. Their last two cds are great. Deja Entendu is a really great cd with a lot of great guitar tones that are more Weezer than Fall Out Boy.

I do agree with the whole Vox thing though. Fuck everybody, :)
I always thought Brand New was emo, but I don't consider "emo" to be a 4 letter word (what?).  I mean you can hear the progression from stuff like Jawbreaker and the Get Up Kids to Brand New, sort of a 3rd or 4th wave.  The stuff that came after, like Fall Out Boy, wasn't really my cup of tea though.  Everything got too glammy and metally.

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:29 pm

Hmm, perhaps what I meant more was that I don't consider them to be just another emo band. They're far more interesting and they're doing much more unique things than any of the other bands out there. I mean, they released an instrumental song with very minimal instrumentation as a video single. They also say they don't really care about getting big or anything like that. Whatever you want to call them, I call them good music.

guinsu
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by guinsu » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:26 pm

StevenO wrote: Hmm, perhaps what I meant more was that I don't consider them to be just another emo band. They're far more interesting and they're doing much more unique things than any of the other bands out there. I mean, they released an instrumental song with very minimal instrumentation as a video single. They also say they don't really care about getting big or anything like that. Whatever you want to call them, I call them good music.
That I agree with 100%, Deja Entendu is def one of my top albums, I usually listen to it like once a week.