Fender Squier Jazzmaster Classic Vibe 40th Anniversary Seafoam Green

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Z*Z*Z
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Fender Squier Jazzmaster Classic Vibe 40th Anniversary Seafoam Green

Post by Z*Z*Z » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:42 am

I purchased this Jazzmaster through Thomann while ut was on sale, not expecting to like it as much. Specs are 9,5" radius modern C neck, satin finish, very light weight measuring at 3,1kg. The fit and finish is flawless, setup was not good nor bad, too light strings 9s D'addarios. Electronics are very good, tremolo part is good but needs better spring. Pickups sound very good tonewise but they are Eq'd to match 59/early 60s tone and lack some presence and boldness. Neck feels very good and its very playable, frets were polished, no sprout and were finished good enough. Mustang bridge sits as it should. With heavier strings and basic setup it will be great guitar and best jazzy for very low price. Things I dont like: trem arm is heavier and fatter than vintage one, I would change trem spring for a better one, pickups for more vintage correct tone, and finish is kinda easily damaged, this one will probably get relic'd in a year of gigging or so. I would rate it 8,7 out 10, since theres no need for any modification except if you want more vintage correct or you want perfect giggable instrument for more mileage. I scored with it nice Thomann deluxe gigbag that fits perfectly.

Iuchilton
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Fender Squier Jazzmaster Classic Vibe 40th Anniversary Seafoam Green

Post by Iuchilton » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:31 am

I got the same one from ProAudioStar.com when they had their big sale last year on them. I echo your thoughts almost exactly. The trem is junk on mine though. Very noisy, spring is awful. I have a Staytrem bridge and trem coming though. Otherwise, it’s a ringer. Pickups will probably change out at some point with some Sunday Handwound’s because the stock ones are too scooped. Missing some low mid bark. Neck is very comfortable to play.

Beefheart
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Beefheart » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:04 am

I love mine as well. I also picked it up from Pro Audio Star and was surprised how great the neck felt in my hands. Setup was pretty good out of the box. I think the pickups are fine but if I was to mod anything, I would start there. It’s definitely a keeper. So much that I even considered the strat version. I would say the quality is on par with the Mascis.

crazyzeke
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by crazyzeke » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:08 am

No one's posted a pretty picture yet so I figured I'd try... this one, is it? In my opinion a very lovely guitar paired with a scratchplate that clashes.

Where is it made, Mexico?
"High yella high red high blue she blew
High Ella high Ella Guru"

- CAPTAIN BEEFHEART, "Ella Guru"

Nevets
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Nevets » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

Made in Indonesia. I love the colour on this one but already have a surf green Jazzmaster that's my favorite guitar (MIM Classic 60s).

BlueMelody
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BlueMelody » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:13 pm

I have one, I also got it on blowout last year, I made an offer for $270 and it was accepted. The neck is one of my favorites on any guitar, pretty chunky and extremely comfortable. I haven’t modded anything on it so far, it happily co exists w/ my Thin Skin JM and a few others. Maybe the best bang for the buck I’ve ever experienced w/ any guitar.

crazyzeke
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by crazyzeke » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:04 am

BlueMelody wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:13 pm
I have one, I also got it on blowout last year, I made an offer for $270 and it was accepted.

Omg lol wut... yeah that is a total bargain, be proud. Lotta guitar for a more than reasonable notta lotta moola.

Some guitars are good enough to keep stock, I feel. I bought my Meteora for exactly that reason.

Other than being impossible to comfortably fit into an A-frame stand at gigs requiring a towel under one side, needing a new pickup selector at some point (neck only setting is wonkily intermittent) and me preferring if it had the jack output on the top not the edge like a Les Paul, the stock tones are a thing of beauty, and a certain shade of green I love too (Cosmic Jade). Technically an offset, except not just the waist, the bouts and bottom are too.

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:28 am

I played one in a shop and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and tones. Ultimately, I didn’t like the look of the aged hardware, so I passed on it.
Sweet guitar though for the money.
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.

crazyzeke
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by crazyzeke » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:26 pm

BoringPostcards wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:28 am
I played one in a shop and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and tones. Ultimately, I didn’t like the look of the aged hardware, so I passed on it.
Would you say you're an anti-relic anti-retro kind of guy when it comes to new guitars? I know I am, in the main - I'm fine with other people getting new masquerading as old instruments, but when I get new stuff I want it to look new because I'm the one who will put dings and stuff in over time.

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:43 pm

crazyzeke wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:26 pm
BoringPostcards wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:28 am
Would you say you're an anti-relic anti-retro kind of guy when it comes to new guitars? I know I am, in the main - I'm fine with other people getting new masquerading as old instruments, but when I get new stuff I want it to look new because I'm the one who will put dings and stuff in over time.
Yeah, I prefer to break them in and add the wear myself over time.
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.