...so, were/are the Vintera II a failure?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Mondaysoutar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: ...so, were/are the Vintera II a failure?

Post by Mondaysoutar » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:18 pm

RavenCrest wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:31 am
Mondaysoutar wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:04 am
RavenCrest wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:29 pm
I've been considering my next acquisition being a Vintera II Bass VI, what's wrong with em?
I’ve read cases of folk having issues with the stock bridge man, the usual really, not enough tension over the bridge, strings too skinny, etc. But, I’d love to have one and would do if I was a person with money. Same when Fender reissued the Electric xii.

What's the best remedy for the bridge? Would the M1 Mastery bridge solve this problem?

I’m not too well versed on the mastery stuff man, looks like something out of terminator from where I’m sitting. Most of what I’ve read say the Staytrem bass vi replacement bridge is the ticket man. As I said above, and said by hunners of folk as I’m sure you know, Staytrem bridges are well thought of, generally speaking, for JMs, Jags and Bass VIs.

RavenCrest
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RavenCrest » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:52 pm

Mondaysoutar wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:18 pm
RavenCrest wrote:
Mondaysoutar wrote:

I’ve read cases of folk having issues with the stock bridge man, the usual really, not enough tension over the bridge, strings too skinny, etc. But, I’d love to have one and would do if I was a person with money. Same when Fender reissued the Electric xii.

What's the best remedy for the bridge? Would the M1 Mastery bridge solve this problem?

I’m not too well versed on the mastery stuff man, looks like something out of terminator from where I’m sitting. Most of what I’ve read say the Staytrem bass vi replacement bridge is the ticket man. As I said above, and said by hunners of folk as I’m sure you know, Staytrem bridges are well thought of, generally speaking, for JMs, Jags and Bass VIs.
Oh wow, I looked it up, not a bad price at 100 pounds...Hmm if I get one, I'll be sure to look that piece up if I get one.

tqi
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

-

Post by tqi » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:24 pm

-
Last edited by tqi on Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

javier-san
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by javier-san » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:05 pm

RavenCrest wrote:
Mondaysoutar wrote:
RavenCrest wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:29 pm
I've been considering my next acquisition being a Vintera II Bass VI, what's wrong with em?

I'll echo what everyone else has said and the stock bridge looks pretty nice, overall.
It has a wider baseplate which will make intonation a bit easier.
Shim, + blue loctite will do wonders!

Also, the gauge on the newer bass VI strings are really nice, not too be confused with what has been sold with Squier Bass Vi's.
I bought a set to try on the squier and they're great. They have a nice amount of tension and sound good. I see no reason to "upgrade" them.

With that all being said, staytrem is never a bad route, but the mastery would be overkill and I'd be curious if it has enough range for intonation.

tqi
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

-

Post by tqi » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:56 pm

-
Last edited by tqi on Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abandoneur
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Abandoneur » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:17 pm

I paid $320 for a used Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster in near-mint condition. The neck is as exceptional as everyone says; frets perfect and fretboard is really handsome and quite dark. I was surprised it was Indian Laurel.

I've spent $130 on a fresh set of TI Flatwounds ($30), an AmPro bridge ($80) and a MIJ tremolo ($50). Within the next month or so, I'll order and install a set of proper Sunday Handwound jazzmaster pickups for approx $135.

I prefer the off white color to olympic white (by a wide margin) as well as the desert sand; the gold ano pick guard looks great. I have a Staytrem arm/colet on order but (I'm a jazz player and not too heavy on the trem) I have, so far, found the MIJ unit to be really great, so there is a pretty good chance I'll forgo the Staytrem.

Soooo, let's round up and say for $550 I've got a dialed Jazzmaster that has the exact feel and sound I want. I don't have a problem, conceptually, with the idea of dropping more cash on a Jazzmaster. I just fail to see where the improvement(s) would come from.