Squier CV Duo Sonic. New Pickguards and pickups?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
SSquirrel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Squier CV Duo Sonic. New Pickguards and pickups?

Post by SSquirrel » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:36 pm

So there are several sites that have different Duo Sonic pickguards, but they all refer to Fender ones, w/no mentions of the Squier models. Curious which, if any, fit right. I have an '09 and have never liked the anodized gold pickguard. Maybe a blue or green pearl or blue mirror. :)

Also, my model is great even unplugged, very loud and resonant. Is it crazy to consider a 2nd and get it routed for soapbar P90s? Just seems like it would be a fun light P90 guitar. The main duo sonic replacement pickups I'm finding online are antiquity or the Creamery ones which seem to be Mustang or Duo Sonic. Not sure if those were originally the same pickups. Creamery DOES offer Mustang sized P90s, so wouldn't need to rout anything that way, just swap pickups and probably upgrade wiring.

Just some thoughts, didn't seem to be much in the way of recent Duo Sonic discussion.

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Squier CV Duo Sonic. New Pickguards and pickups?

Post by BoringPostcards » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:00 am

First gen Duo Sonics and their reissues aren’t offset, so any discussion would be in the non offset section.

The liveliness unplugged would be from the anodized guard. Swap that out and you’ll likely lose that liveliness. At least that’s what I noticed when swapping out a gold guard in the past.
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.