Noizemaker Jazzmasters - anyone heard of them?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
superficial
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Noizemaker Jazzmasters - anyone heard of them?

Post by superficial » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:19 am

These popped up on Reverb the other day. Anyone know anything about them?

The Sherwood one in particular looks amazing, and the specs are perfect IMHO. I've never heard of Noizemaker (NB They are UK-based, not to confused with Noisemaker in the US), nor have I heard of 'Golden Age Guitars' who apparently supply the neck & body. Neither have a big web presence. Perhaps they meant Golden era guitars? At the very least, they've been specced by someone that seems to know what Jazzmaster fans might want.

Sherwood Green
Oly White

I am not affiliated with them at all, just curious.

superficial
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Noizemaker Jazzmasters - anyone heard of them?

Post by superficial » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:26 am

On further nosing around, the websites for Noizemaker and Golden Era Guitars seem remarkably similar.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:05 am

I've seen them a few times. Mostly horrible looking relics and 'upgrading' cheaper offsets and charging way too much for them.
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

Mondaysoutar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mondaysoutar » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:41 am

Think they’re affiliated with fern evergreen guitars man, I’ve seen him on Instagram, he does the relicing I’m sure, or did anyway. Not to my taste, but some of the hings he puts up are decent.

In fact, I think he might’ve done work on a Jag owned by the boy out Placebo if I’m remembering correctly

ManFromMars
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by ManFromMars » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:18 am

Pepperoni tort is my favorite. Second only to salami tort.

c_comm
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by c_comm » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:29 am

Hi all,

I'm new to posting been reading the site on and off and have now plucked up the courage to comment.

I played the Noizemaker JM last Friday and loved it. Felt wonderful, sounded great and looked pretty good too and I don't like a relic look. I actually went into Noizemaker to try a much cheaper Telecaster, thought I probably naively needed a standard guitar to go with my Jaguars. Couldn't get on with the Telecasters so opted for something more familiar.

I'm a total beginner so you can take my enthusiasm for the Noizemaker with a pinch of salt, my playing and knowledge are very limited. I have no links to Noizemaker but if they fancy giving me a very large discount for my positive words I'll be extremely happy. Cheers.