Alternative pickguards on the AmProII Jazzmaster?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
superficial
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Alternative pickguards on the AmProII Jazzmaster?

Post by superficial » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:30 am

Does anyone have any images where people have modified their AmProII Jazzmaster visually? I'm 90% sure I'm going to buy one but I'm not totally sold on any of the colours. I'd be interested to see what Miami looks like with mint, or Dark Night + parchment, or Mystic seafoam + tort. That sort of stuff.

Or just any Jazzmasters in those colours (though I guess most of them are pretty new).

chandra01
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Alternative pickguards on the AmProII Jazzmaster?

Post by chandra01 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:19 pm

I’m looking towards the same as you. I think Mint on Dark Night looks good (saw a Strat like that w/ a maple neck).

I wish Fender offered Mint guards as case candy, lol.

Steadyriot.
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Steadyriot. » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:05 am

I can’t post screenshots because I’m on my phone; but at least some of those should be in the mod shop. Maybe that’ll give you an impression?
"If someone duetted with a Bald Eagle, they could rule the Country charts from here to eternity." ~shadowplay

superficial
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by superficial » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:05 am

Thanks - the mod shop website is a good shout which I haven't explored before. But of the current AmProII colours, none are actually available on the mod-shop jazzmaster (which incidentally looks like an AmPro I?). There's a two tone sunburst in the mod shop, whereas the Am Pro II comes in three tone sunburst. I don't love bursts anyway. Similarly, they list Mystic Seafoam Green but I think they changed the shade from the Am Pro I to the Am Pro II? The mod shop one looks like the (darker) Am Pro I version.

Still, Mystic Seafoam + black pearl looks kinda nice to me.

Is anyone doing FSRs of the Am Pro II?