NGD: ‘65 Thin Skin Jag

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
PorkChop
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

NGD: ‘65 Thin Skin Jag

Post by PorkChop » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:59 pm

Hey all, been a couple of these lately. I had a 2008 a few years ago. Not sure which gold. I really loved that guitar. The sound, the feel of body balance, neck reach (a Jazzy hurts my wrist to reach that far after a bit, and the color was one of my all time favorites for guitars I have owned. But, the neck was too thin. I’m 6’ 1” and my hands fit my body. My ex is 5’ 6” and her hands fit her body. My fingers are only a 1/4” longer than hers. Call me Palmolive if you wish. I only was able to have one guitar in that price range at the time and I just couldn’t play it very long before the ole hand says “no more.”

https://imgur.com/a/ozSwVNk

Now I have an awesome number one. Neck is great. Me play long time. So, time for a Jag, neck be damned it doesn’t have to be the only one I play. Found a great deal on a Custom Shop. Got it, sounds great fully digging it but after too little time, gotta bail.

I considered an American Professional. The specs weren’t right for my wants. I saw a couple NGDs of the Wildwood ‘65s. I knew these had a chunkier neck shape. Thought to check the site, they post NECK DEPTHS after all. No luck. I had seen they were sold out it seemed a bit before. But, also remember them being listed again, just one or two here or there. Randomly checked one day and there was a .86 neck used. Impulsively called to see if they had anymore hiding in back. Only the two, an .84 and the .86. I scooped that baby up right away. So stoked to have finally got the one.

https://imgur.com/a/8EOrIj2

The Custom Shop sounds a little better to my ears. I have no idea what pickups are in there. It’s lighter. The finish might have been cured more or cured over time. But I would take the ‘65 even if they were the same price. Not upset at coming in at half the price.

https://imgur.com/a/8EOrIj2

Here the two offsets and an imposter (my main unit up to now.)

https://imgur.com/a/jY9xD77

Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD: ‘65 Thin Skin Jag

Post by Rockabilly69 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:18 pm

Fantastic, we are twinners:) I ordered a Halon bridge and trem for mine :)

PorkChop
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by PorkChop » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:56 pm

Rockabilly69 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:18 pm
Fantastic, we are twinners:) I ordered a Halon bridge and trem for mine :)
That’s cool you tracked them down. Are you in the states? Where did you order it? I don’t even see the offset stuff on their site. I have the Mastery stuff but wanted to try the Halon bridge.

Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Rockabilly69 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:35 pm

You have to contact them through their Facebook page. They are very quick to respond and answer any questions you may have. If you do order, they will send you a proper invoice. Tell them Daniel sent ya :)

PorkChop
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by PorkChop » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:56 am

Rockabilly69 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:35 pm
You have to contact them through their Facebook page. They are very quick to respond and answer any questions you may have. If you do order, they will send you a proper invoice. Tell them Daniel sent ya :)
Great, thanks for the tip!

Strango
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Strango » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:38 pm

A beaut. Hoping that one pops up in my budget before too long (and will keep the Halon hardware in mind).