Thinking of ordering a Fender mod shop Jag!

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Thinking of ordering a Fender mod shop Jag!

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Mon May 03, 2021 9:44 pm

gutter rock wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:45 pm
I keep lusting after a charcoal frost Jaguar. Up until recently it was Sherwood green, but the charcoal might have won me over. I just hope Fender’s newest version of CFM is one that has that slight bluish tint to it. Will have to part with one of my other Jags to pay for it. I know the mod shop jag is basically an American Pro model, but I will opt for the 62 pickups instead of the V-mods. I actually like that it will give me a screw in arm, series position, 4 way switch and phase switch because it is different from my other normal jags. Anyone able to talk me out of this? Any mod shop thoughts?

I’ve been missing in action around here for awhile, good to see the board is still active, and my wallet hates that I’m back!
Welcome back! I’ve wondered where you were. I’m actually planning a OSG hiatus myself after my last build is complete. I love OSG, I spend way too much time here and the rest of the internet for that matter. Just want to cleanse my soul of stimuli and media for a good while if possible. Start to try to feel the ground under my feet again.

Anyway, mod shop Jag seems like a good idea. If I did one, I would go with the all rosewood neck if that’s still an option.

EDIT: just saw you were going to swap an AV65 Jag for it. This makes me hesitant. At the end of the day, if it makes you happy do it. Go full force and no regrets. However, I did this one time with a stupid trade involving my hand wired AC-30 and a brand new Super Reverb because I wanted a different flavor. One of the worst trades I ever made. This was largely due to my inexperience with amps at the time however and I wanted to sound like Johnny Marr. Unfortunately, that sound isn’t to versatile I found.

gutter rock
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gutter rock » Tue May 04, 2021 3:31 pm

jdr1014 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:01 pm
I won't be much help, but I think a Charcoal Frost Mod Shop Jag with AVRI 62 pickups would be pretty sweet! IIRC, don't you have AV65 pickups in your 50th Anni?

And btw, welcome back!
Glad to be back! I’ve lurked a bit the last few years!
I have the pickups but never installed them in the 50th! I just kept it stock since I had the AV65 with those pickups.

gutter rock
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gutter rock » Tue May 04, 2021 3:38 pm

Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:44 pm
gutter rock wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:45 pm
I keep lusting after a charcoal frost Jaguar. Up until recently it was Sherwood green, but the charcoal might have won me over. I just hope Fender’s newest version of CFM is one that has that slight bluish tint to it. Will have to part with one of my other Jags to pay for it. I know the mod shop jag is basically an American Pro model, but I will opt for the 62 pickups instead of the V-mods. I actually like that it will give me a screw in arm, series position, 4 way switch and phase switch because it is different from my other normal jags. Anyone able to talk me out of this? Any mod shop thoughts?

I’ve been missing in action around here for awhile, good to see the board is still active, and my wallet hates that I’m back!
Welcome back! I’ve wondered where you were. I’m actually planning a OSG hiatus myself after my last build is complete. I love OSG, I spend way too much time here and the rest of the internet for that matter. Just want to cleanse my soul of stimuli and media for a good while if possible. Start to try to feel the ground under my feet again.

Anyway, mod shop Jag seems like a good idea. If I did one, I would go with the all rosewood neck if that’s still an option.

EDIT: just saw you were going to swap an AV65 Jag for it. This makes me hesitant. At the end of the day, if it makes you happy do it. Go full force and no regrets. However, I did this one time with a stupid trade involving my hand wired AC-30 and a brand new Super Reverb because I wanted a different flavor. One of the worst trades I ever made. This was largely due to my inexperience with amps at the time however and I wanted to sound like Johnny Marr. Unfortunately, that sound isn’t to versatile I found.
I can’t really say why I took a break from here but it was probably needed. I then went a couple of years without buying a single guitar! That was a first for me in a long time. I’m ready for something new and I think my AV65 could go to a new home as well.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Tue May 04, 2021 10:25 pm

Just do it. At the end of the day it's only money and any fleeting saving of cash will be long forgotten by the next payday.

I'd love to order a mod shop anything, but Fender dont seem to want to let us have a go at the fun here in the UK ::)
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

gutter rock
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gutter rock » Sat May 08, 2021 6:31 pm

johnnysomersett wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:25 pm
Just do it. At the end of the day it's only money and any fleeting saving of cash will be long forgotten by the next payday.

I'd love to order a mod shop anything, but Fender dont seem to want to let us have a go at the fun here in the UK ::)
The deed is done! Ordered it yesterday! Now to sell a guitar to pay for it!