Squier Bass VI CV tuner upgrade options?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
dc
Expat
Expat

Re: Squier Bass VI CV tuner upgrade options?

Post by dc » Wed May 05, 2021 10:44 am

SmoggyTwinkles wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:29 pm
Ok, so if I take my digital caliper and measure the width of the bridge on my Classic Vibe VI, that would be helpful in some way?
Let me go do that (falls out of bed, drags a comb across his head)
BRB.
ok, bridge measures .7595" or 19.29mm.
right. it's narrower than it should be because Fender, bless their hearts, didn't tool up to put a proper width bridge on these. enter StayTrem. :)
in the coldest night / huddled 'round the dying embers

SmoggyTwinkles
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by SmoggyTwinkles » Wed May 05, 2021 1:35 pm

Ok,

I've strung it up, got it up to tune no problem. Very happy with the amount of winds on every string.

It sounds good, but not quite there gonna have to play with the truss rod and bridge just a touch, it's really close. Gonna let it sit for a day.

Gotta admit, those LaBella strings are nice, and the low E is already way less floppy so I'm feeling pretty good right now.

SmoggyTwinkles
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by SmoggyTwinkles » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:26 pm

Huh, it's been a while and thought I'd update.

She's a beaut! What an inspiring instrument...just....FUN and so different than anything.

I put on the new tuners and the LaBella flatwounds, took it in for my free set-up and mentioned my concerns about my own shim job and that I was after just a nice playing instrument and the low E being a bit flubby (which the LaBella's solved btw)

This thing is awesome now. They took out the shim entirely and it's set up great.

I'm in love.

This thing doesn't sound great unplugged, but plugged in it's just mind blowingly awesome.

So many days I look at all my guitars yet I want to plug the Bass VI in and so that's what I've been doing the last couple months now. Highly recommend, but it takes some work (and I also made some really dumb decisions haha)

sugarandopium
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sugarandopium » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:52 am

Good to hear you got it sorted out.

So the KDL-6B-NMDT would be the correct (8.5mm?) part number for the Kluson keys to fit a CV VI, correct in assuming this gentlemen?

sugarandopium
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sugarandopium » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:54 am

I mean KDL-6B-NMDR