When do you think Fender will release the next new Jaguar model?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
loveinathens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: When do you think Fender will release the next new Jaguar model?

Post by loveinathens » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:12 pm

cestlamort wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:41 pm
Mechanical Birds wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:48 pm
- Courtney Barnett Signature
- Oliver Ackerman Jaguar
I think a Courtney Barnett one would be great (for a lot of reasons and I can see it happening), and the Oliver Ackerman one would be a nice nod to the underground (so long as it's heavily relic'd / falling apart).

I'd be fine with the MBV models, on the sole condition that stay on-brand: announcement that the JM and Mustang were in the works, but they come out 25 years later (and are underwhelming).

Joking aside, I'd really like to see a Rowland S Howard jaguar.
The Ackermann one better be half-price! Kidding aside, a heavy relic one with lipsticks wired straight to jack might be a bit niche but I'd love one. Got to play some of his Jags when APTBS played my city.

Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lost In Autumn » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:31 am

loveinathens wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:12 pm
cestlamort wrote:
Mechanical Birds wrote:
- Oliver Ackerman Jaguar
I think a Courtney Barnett one would be great (for a lot of reasons and I can see it happening), and the Oliver Ackerman one would be a nice nod to the underground (so long as it's heavily relic'd / falling apart).

I'd be fine with the MBV models, on the sole condition that stay on-brand: announcement that the JM and Mustang were in the works, but they come out 25 years later (and are underwhelming).

The Ackermann one better be half-price! Kidding aside, a heavy relic one with lipsticks wired straight to jack might be a bit niche but I'd love one. Got to play some of his Jags when APTBS played my city.
I would be first in line if Fender ever did an Emma Ruth Rundle Baritone Jaguar.

wooderson
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by wooderson » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:11 pm

A Courtney Barnett variation on the Cobain would be cool - regular Jaguar headstock, American Pro bridge instead of a TOM, humbuckers.

The Road Worn series generally look kind of cheesy to me but the latest ones like the Chrissie Hynde have been aight and the neck feels better than gloss poly.

Novae
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Novae » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:50 am

loveinathens wrote:
cestlamort wrote:
Mechanical Birds wrote:
- Oliver Ackerman Jaguar

Wow! Which ones did you get to play? I'm completely obsessed with his guitars. I'm a massive APTBS fan :-*

loveinathens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by loveinathens » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 am

Novae wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:50 am
loveinathens wrote:
cestlamort wrote:

Wow! Which ones did you get to play? I'm completely obsessed with his guitars. I'm a massive APTBS fan :-*
Heya!

Got to check out the Halfuar, the black and tort Jaguar, and a sunburst Mustang I don't see him use very often. The action is all sorts of fucked, but it's incredible seeing him play. Dude is one with the waveforms, in spite of the physical demands of the guitar hahaa

tdksa90
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tdksa90 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:36 am

I sent an email over to Fender recently concerning a Rowland S. Howard signature. I'm sure the chances are slim to none, but I decided to contact them anyway Their reply:

"Thank you for reaching out. I totally agree that a Rowland S. Howard's Signature would be awesome. I will definitely pass this along to the development team. Thank you again for your support and love of Fender."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My Music: https://keithhanlon.bandcamp.com/

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by timtam » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:55 pm

tdksa90 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:36 am
I sent an email over to Fender recently concerning a Rowland S. Howard signature. I'm sure the chances are slim to none, but I decided to contact them anyway Their reply:

"Thank you for reaching out. I totally agree that a Rowland S. Howard's Signature would be awesome. I will definitely pass this along to the development team. Thank you again for your support and love of Fender."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That would be cool. The guitar is still in the collection of the Australian Music Vault in Melbourne AFAIK. And has been extensively photographically documented in his brother Harry's book.
https://www.australianmusicvault.com.au/
https://ledatape.net/lto/product/this-g ... -s-howard/
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

tdksa90
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tdksa90 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:21 pm

timtam wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:55 pm

That would be cool. The guitar is still in the collection of the Australian Music Vault in Melbourne AFAIK. And has been extensively photographically documented in his brother Harry's book.
https://www.australianmusicvault.com.au/
https://ledatape.net/lto/product/this-g ... -s-howard/

I did send them a link to Harry's book in my initial request. Hope they listen!
My Music: https://keithhanlon.bandcamp.com/