Anyone thinking of Marauder type 2 build? Need 5 who want a neck...

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Anyone thinking of Marauder type 2 build? Need 5 who want a neck...

Post by adamrobertt » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:51 am

I guess I'm mostly concerned about durability. I know they do the aged thing, and that they're meant to wear with time sort of like a Thin Skin. I'm fine with that in concept, but I don't want it to look like a fucking mess after 6 months either. I'm also not a huge fan of checking, to be honest. Do all their finishes check?

PesoGuitars
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by PesoGuitars » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:46 am

I asked this is another thread, but I figure I might as well ask here. I’m trying to decide how to wire the section where the rhythm circuit normally would be. I’m not opposed to using the traditional rhythm circuit, but I’m curious what the other possibilities would be. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Here’s the original topic if anybody’s interested:

viewtopic.php?p=1662156#p1662156

Amon 7.L
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Amon 7.L » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:07 am

N0_Camping4U wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:21 am
Here's Jim's update:

Said he copied it exactly. Looks great to me, what about everyone else?

Attaboy! Now we're talking!
Congratulations guys! I'm glad you're now ready to roll.
I can't wait for all of your projects :-*

loungelife
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by loungelife » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:35 pm

adamrobertt wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:51 am
I guess I'm mostly concerned about durability. I know they do the aged thing, and that they're meant to wear with time sort of like a Thin Skin. I'm fine with that in concept, but I don't want it to look like a fucking mess after 6 months either. I'm also not a huge fan of checking, to be honest. Do all their finishes check?
In my experience the paint you use makes a big difference. If you want nitro, it's going to age more than other paints, more quickly. If you want something to stay looking new, I would have it painted with something more modern. Wanting nitro through MJT and then wanting it to stay looking fresh is kind of a dicotomy. A 2k poly or something along those lines will look new for a long time. In the past I've used guitarpaintguys for a modern finish. They took forever, but I like the inca silver I had them do on my Jag.

adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by adamrobertt » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:35 pm

loungelife wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:35 pm
adamrobertt wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:51 am
In my experience the paint you use makes a big difference. If you want nitro, it's going to age more than other paints, more quickly. If you want something to stay looking new, I would have it painted with something more modern. Wanting nitro through MJT and then wanting it to stay looking fresh is kind of a dicotomy. A 2k poly or something along those lines will look new for a long time. In the past I've used guitarpaintguys for a modern finish. They took forever, but I like the inca silver I had them do on my Jag.
Well, like, I'm ok if it starts to look worn after several years... but I'd like it to look new-ish at least for a little while.

N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by N0_Camping4U » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:14 pm

HarlowTheFish wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:01 pm
If y'all want a finish, I'm gonna plug Dustin Bloomer (BloomDoom Guitars on Reverb, @bloomdoom22 on instagram) if you're in the US -- I just got my body done in LPB from him, and he was super great to work with and the finish came out great. Like MJT, closet classic's as good as you're gonna get, but it looks incredible.

I need to make an Instagram. I'm not on any social media. I'm missing deals and connects. I can only see a small example of his work. Would like to see his metallics.
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

Squanto
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Squanto » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:40 pm

Dear Distinguished Artisans, Craftsmen and Enthusiasts, alike;

I was referred here by deed_poll, who has built me a fantastic Fender Marauder II to my specs. He recommended I come here to reach out to N0_Camping4u, to inquire about including myself in a Marauder II neck onetheless, I suck and am not worthy of such luxuries. But screw it! I’m an adult and a PROUD AMERICAN WHOSE WORLD IS HIS OYSTER! (Just kidding, only channeling a parody of (Trump) Americans.

How much do you expect each neck could cost? Does it come with an official looking Fender decal?

In addition to looking for a proper neck, I’m also looking for someone who has machined a custom shop bridge with the 2 brass saddles that I will include here as an attachment: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mZ-h1i ... p=drivesdk

that will drop in to a mustang bridge. Also considering commissioning a pristine, beautiful, professional finish on the headstock as well as the body.

Regards,
Squanto

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:40 pm

Squanto wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:40 pm
How much do you expect each neck could cost? Does it come with an official looking Fender decal?
Check out the Musikraft web site, it will cost you whatever any of their strat/JM/Tele necks would cost you with equivalent specs.

No third-party aftermarket neck will ever come with a Fender decal, because they aren't made by Fender, and it would be illegal for them to produce or apply one. No finisher can legally apply one to the neck, either.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

Squanto
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Squanto » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:00 pm

Ah, that’s what I figured. I just thought maybe like Mojotone, they might sell the insignia separately without installing it to skirt the law.

Squanto

Squanto
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Squanto » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:03 pm

I’m not 100% on these necks yet. I was really hoping for a bound neck with a standard Strat/jag headstock. Also wondering if I could get something with a scale length that would allow for a baritone guitar...

Squanto

adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by adamrobertt » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:01 am

Squanto wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:03 pm
I’m not 100% on these necks yet. I was really hoping for a bound neck with a standard Strat/jag headstock. Also wondering if I could get something with a scale length that would allow for a baritone guitar...

Squanto
Musikraft does the standard headstocks, and may be able to do a baritone conversion (not positive) but I'd check out their website.

N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by N0_Camping4U » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:49 am

Squanto wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:03 pm

Squanto
They can put binding on the Marauder neck, as well. Mine has binding.
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

loungelife
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by loungelife » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:36 pm

Hey if someone was still interested in this, can we just reference what has been previously said here? Do they have the shape on file now?

N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by N0_Camping4U » Wed May 19, 2021 6:09 am

UPDATE:

Hey Adam, I want to update you regarding the Marauder project. It's coming along very nicely. We made it all the way to having fingerboards glued on. Once a neck is at this stage, it moves down the pipeline rather quickly. I anticipate having these necks done in 1-3 weeks. Please forward this info along to the gang for me. Of course, I need to answer this now before it comes in, I'm sorry, no pictures, lol. I will say this though, they look amazing! Have a great day.

Jim

2fLAz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 2fLAz » Wed May 19, 2021 6:16 am

Thanks for the heads up !
Can't wait !!!!

N0_Camping4U wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 6:09 am
UPDATE:

Hey Adam, I want to update you regarding the Marauder project. It's coming along very nicely. We made it all the way to having fingerboards glued on. Once a neck is at this stage, it moves down the pipeline rather quickly. I anticipate having these necks done in 1-3 weeks. Please forward this info along to the gang for me. Of course, I need to answer this now before it comes in, I'm sorry, no pictures, lol. I will say this though, they look amazing! Have a great day.

Jim