Fender "Panorama" Tremolo System -- American Performer II Jazzmaster

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fender "Panorama" Tremolo System -- American Performer II Jazzmaster

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:39 pm

Bradley-Jazz wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:39 am
Ricey wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:11 am
Here is the exact text of Fender's email reply to me:

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Panorama Tremolo System is the same footprint as the original, there would be no modification needed to install it onto your guitar. The trouble is, we do not currently offer this part for sale. I am not sure when the product team will release it for individual sale.
I find the “when” in there encouraging. Suggests it will happen.
I hope they offer them for sale separately, but if it's anything like the vibrato for the American Pro 1's, it will be like pulling teeth to get one. I ordered a lefty American Pro vibrato for my JM through a well-respected local shop, and Fender gave a ton of push-back that I didn't have a serial number to give them. They wanted a serial number assuming it was a repair, even though it would've been under warranty at that point had I bought the whole guitar, and that the shop was open about the fact that I was buying it to retrofit a guitar I currently had.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

don barroso
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by don barroso » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:29 pm

I also hope that the Panorama (great name btw) will be available as part. I tried a American Pro II and loced it. Same for the neck. I also like the revised rhythm circuit which I think is a nice departure from the original one which I love on my 2 JM.
Easy playing neck too!

forestgreen
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by forestgreen » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:15 pm

I got a similar reply

Hello Bart,

Thanks for reaching out. There's currently no word as to what will be available in the future. I'd advise you to checkout the online dealers below. Stratsophere Parts and Darren Riley both part out Fender guitars, so they're likely to have one in stock, or should get one in stock soon.

www.stratosphereparts.com
www.darrenriley.com
www.allparts.com
www.stewmac.com
www.guitarpartsresource.com
www.partsisparts.net
www.angela.com
www.amplifiedparts.com
www.tubesandmore.com

I hope this helps! Have a nice day!

Regards,

Fender Musical Instruments

Veitchy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Veitchy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:17 pm

forestgreen wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:15 pm
Thanks for reaching out. There's currently no word as to what will be available in the future. I'd advise you to checkout the online dealers below. Stratsophere Parts and Darren Riley both part out Fender guitars, so they're likely to have one in stock, or should get one in stock soon.
[emphasis mine]

Interesting that they're upfront about these business. Not that operating a chop shop for legally purchased guitars is in any way outré, but it's interesting to see Fender directing customers there so clearly. Maybe stocking and inventorying a bunch of non-service spare parts isn't a business they want to be in and the grey market cats save them the trouble.

Vendetagainst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Vendetagainst » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:39 pm

Veitchy wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:17 pm
forestgreen wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:15 pm
[emphasis mine]

Interesting that they're upfront about these business. Not that operating a chop shop for legally purchased guitars is in any way outré, but it's interesting to see Fender directing customers there so clearly. Maybe stocking and inventorying a bunch of non-service spare parts isn't a business they want to be in and the grey market cats save them the trouble.
Yea I agree, interesting that they're redirecting us to Darren's and Stratosphere. I guess the next course of action is to email Stratosphere and Darren Riley if they have any idea when they'll get the Panorama, so I emailed them. Let's see what they'll say.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:50 pm

I mean, fuck it. If Fender doesn't release the units, and we have to rely on Stratosphere and shit, then they'll cost the same as a Mastery or whatnot anyway.

Might as well support a small business, fuck Fender, fuck the people that harvest guitars for sale.

Man, I dislike Fender a lot.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

loveinathens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by loveinathens » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:26 pm

Larry Mal wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:50 pm
I mean, fuck it. If Fender doesn't release the units, and we have to rely on Stratosphere and shit, then they'll cost the same as a Mastery or whatnot anyway.

Might as well support a small business, fuck Fender, fuck the people that harvest guitars for sale.

Man, I dislike Fender a lot.
Tbh they would be in a favorable competitive position if they just leveraged their economy of scale on the parts market. People aren't going to want to buy a wholeass guitar just to get a trem smh.

Vendetagainst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Vendetagainst » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:54 am

Alright y'all, Darren and Stratosphere replied to my messages.
Darren Riley's wrote:Hi - there is no word yet on availability, we will add to inventory as soon as available, thanks!
--
Darren
www.darrenriley.com
Stratosphere wrote:It is difficult to estimate when we would have them available.. We do not special order. We receive bulk shipments from our distributors based on availability. We recommend keeping an eye on the search engine at https://stratosphereparts.com for incoming inventory. We usually get new shipments in every other week.
So this is somewhat good news; we'll definitely be able to get the Panorama from Darren Riley's and Stratosphere sometime in the future.

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by timtam » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:11 pm

Now that Fender has finally released the service manual for the Am Pro II JM, we have a part number for the Panorama trem ... 7719000000
https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Orig ... master.pdf
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

Vendetagainst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Vendetagainst » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:33 pm

Nice, hopefully this means we can finally get the trem soon, now that they’ve “declassified” the details of the Am Pro II Jazzmaster.

algeriet
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by algeriet » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:06 am

timtam wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:11 pm
Now that Fender has finally released the service manual for the Am Pro II JM, we have a part number for the Panorama trem ... 7719000000
https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Orig ... master.pdf
Vendetagainst wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:33 pm
Nice, hopefully this means we can finally get the trem soon, now that they’ve “declassified” the details of the Am Pro II Jazzmaster.

Very cool, would love to try! So far I've got the Descendant, Mastery as well as several AVRI units (and thankfully just sold a MIJ unit) in my collection. I've got a Halon vibrato on its way as well.

Logrinn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Logrinn » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:57 am

algeriet wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:06 am
Very cool, would love to try! So far I've got the Descendant, Mastery as well as several AVRI units (and thankfully just sold a MIJ unit) in my collection. I've got a Halon vibrato on its way as well.
Which of these do you prefer/like the most?

algeriet
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by algeriet » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:58 pm

Logrinn wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:57 am
Which of these do you prefer/like the most?
Good question. I'd say a well setup AVRI is great but a Mastery is 20% better and if you're obsessed with JM vibratos like I am, you'll appreciate that little extra, but if I were to choose between a Mastery or a Descendant I'd choose the latter as it is an actual redesign of Leo's original rather than a hot rodded take that the Mastery actually is.

But in all fairness I'd go for whichever of the two I could get ahold of the cheapest. If I found a secondhand Mastery I'd take it over the Descendant but if I were buying new I'd take the Descendant. I experienced the Descendant as the real change in the guitar between the two. The range on the Mastery is a little higher, but the neck angle on the Descendant is killer and really adds a different tonality to the guitar. If you're a behind the bridge player be aware that due to the angle the strings are literally in a different position so some adjustment in your playing may need to be done, but it's not like you play in that position with super much precision anyways.

Looking forward to trying the Halon and comparing the four (or five, if you include the Panorama).

Hope this helps!

adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by adamrobertt » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:24 pm

I had a Descendant and I really didn't like it. For one thing, it's hideous. Not gonna act like that doesn't matter - it does.

Second, it was really annoying to restring, like REALLY annoying.

Third, the range on it wasn't great.

Fourth, it sort of isn't necessary. If you are really against having a neck shim for some reason I guess it could be useful, but simply shimming the neck and raising the bridge accomplishes what the Descendant does already. I found it to be over engineered and finicky.

The Mastery is a great unit, probably the best feeling of the main 3, but I still like the AVRI units too.

gibs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gibs » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:40 pm

Anybody try ordering a panorama yet now that we have part numbers? Anyone even know how to go about ordering? Fender’s website sucks as far as figuring out who to even email, and I never heard back from them when I asked about getting the panorama before finding the serial number.