Ultra Luxe Jaguar

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
ainm
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Ultra Luxe Jaguar

Post by ainm » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:51 pm

timtam wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:03 pm
Just noticed that the parts manual for this guitar has finally appeared ...
https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Orig ... _22_21.pdf

It includes the wiring diagram with the PCB, but does not show the PCB circuit, so you can't figure out how to wire a guitar with the same functionality from it. It does at least show what all the switches actually do.
Unless I’m reading that wrong, it lists the fretboard as rosewood, but it’s actually ebony.

Tom
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Tom » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:39 pm

I do think you can get too caught up in the specifications of a guitar.

Most of my guitars have a 7.25" radius with vintage frets; I just have never gotten along with anything modern.

So this reminds me of the American Performer Jazzmaster. I know this is also hated on the forum, and I will admit I did too.

However after personally playing one I was blown away. The jumbo frets that I’ve always struggled with were super comfy and easy to play, the pickups that are not really Jazzmaster pickups under the covers have a very impressive sound, and even the strat bridge does the job fine.

Guitars can be mysterious; building your ultimate parts guitar can end up sounding like a dog while all the wrong parts can come together and make something great.

I’ve just accepted that Fender model names only now relate to the body shape.

Oig
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Oig » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:25 am

Tom wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:39 pm
I do think you can get too caught up in the specifications of a guitar.

Most of my guitars have a 7.25" radius with vintage frets; I just have never gotten along with anything modern.

So this reminds me of the American Performer Jazzmaster. I know this is also hated on the forum, and I will admit I did too.

However after personally playing one I was blown away. The jumbo frets that I’ve always struggled with were super comfy and easy to play, the pickups that are not really Jazzmaster pickups under the covers have a very impressive sound, and even the strat bridge does the job fine.

Guitars can be mysterious; building your ultimate parts guitar can end up sounding like a dog while all the wrong parts can come together and make something great.

I’ve just accepted that Fender model names only now relate to the body shape.
Yeah, agreed. On paper, I shouldn’t get on with the neck on my Performer Tele at all. I like fuller neck shapes and I’m generally not a fan of jumbo frets - but I love it. Guitars are organic, you never know what you’ll get based on specs alone.