There's going to be an American Vintage 2 series apparently.

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
mekhem
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: There's going to be an American Vintage 2 series apparently.

Post by mekhem » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:39 pm

Great Link - the most info so far.

I had heard that there were going to be announcements on Monday or Tuesday but this is pretty cool.

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:41 pm

So it looks like the LPB should also have a matching headstock. It’s going to be very tempting for me. This might be a must buy.
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:45 pm

It will probably be priced where the God damn AVRI ones are now, also.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

marginwalker
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marginwalker » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:57 pm

Larry Mal wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:45 pm
Yeah there were some leaked product pages from a few shops in Europe and the prices were around $2500

My only complaint about these is that I wish the Jazzmaster got multiple years like the strat and tele do. Would be nice to have a pre-CBS year along side the ‘66 so we could have one without B&B or paint matched headstock

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:24 pm

Larry Mal wrote:
Yea, so like nearly 3K in Canadian dollars. Fuck a duck. I may still splurge and get one anyways.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:32 pm

BoringPostcards wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:24 pm
Larry Mal wrote:
Yea, so like nearly 3K in Canadian dollars. Fuck a duck. I may still splurge and get one anyways.
I suppose this could bring the price of used guitars down a bit. The AVRI stuff really shot up over the last couple of years.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:45 pm

Larry Mal wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:32 pm
BoringPostcards wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:24 pm
Larry Mal wrote:
I suppose this could bring the price of used guitars down a bit. The AVRI stuff really shot up over the last couple of years.
It sure did! Prices have been kind of crazy since the AV65s were a few years old.
Having said that, the only reason I don’t own an AV65 or an AO model, is they never came in a colour I wanted.
I can’t buy any more Fenders, unless they’re in a colour I want. I learned the hard way, having owned a Purple sparkle Mascis and a CAR JM66B. I loved playing them, but they never looked right and ultimately didn’t stick around.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:54 pm

I guess I'm "lucky" in that my cheapness outweighs my need to have a guitar in any particular color. Like, I bought my dream ES-330, and I really wanted it in the Beale Street Blue, but it would have been a few hundred dollars over the sunburst I got.

I don't care that much, though. And I do pick colors from time to time. The Lake Placid Blue is just about the only thing that could really make me consider a third Jazzmaster.

But I sink like $800 in upgrades into them, so there's really no way I would do that again just to have a slightly different guitar.

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:58 pm

That Beale St Blue sure is lovely. I totally get why you didn’t spring the extra cash for it though.
I am not that picky about colour, but I prefer the classic metallic colours, except for CAR. What I don’t like is Sunburst, Olympic White and Surf Green. Just can’t do pastels, white is boring, and sunburst just seems too run of the mill for me.

Edit: My favourite colours for JMs and Jags are Sherwood, LPB, BMM, and Firemist Silver. Most of these were available on AVRI62s, but they haven’t done them since besides Wildwood Runs and the odd FSR.

Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mechanical Birds » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:39 pm

Larry Mal wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:32 am
Yeah, the idea of a Lake Placid Blue Jazzmaster is pretty exciting.

I have two Jazzmasters, though. I could "use" a Jaguar, I guess. But there's no mention of them.

Sometimes I get skeptical that these things are actually "leaked" because what else would Fender really want other than us discussing their product publicly?
Yeah, I feel like every time this happens it’s the same thing - someone shares a link to a foreign retailer’s posting of the product for preorder, it shows up on all the forums and is removed from said retailer’s thing and like a month later there’s a write up with official press stuff released everywhere.

I’d say I couldn’t be happier but my main want is a Jaguar so like you and everyone here, hopefully that becomes a thing. I know the anniversary ones sold crazy well so hopefully the proper reissue happens and I can be a happy boy, the happiest boy

Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mechanical Birds » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:43 pm

Fucking guitar center scaled back my spending limit by 90% so gone is the idea of me being able to get one of these at launch, sadly :(

I never even knew that was a thing that could happen but my score buffed by like 80 points when I got my car loan and went from being like 15 points away from prime status to being dogshit again. What the fuck am I gonna do with a $200 credit card for guitar center? So fucking stupid, especially now when I actually need the fucking thing.

Really need to ratchet up my effort on selling that P Bass

GreenKnee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GreenKnee » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:15 pm

I'm perplexed as to why there is no Jag. There's no AmPro2 Jag and now no AVRI2 Jag!? There was the anniversary model yeah, but when has that ever stopped there being a dozen plus other models of similar spec Fender guitars produced at the same time? The Jazzy looks to be a cool guitar but there's a significant lack of 24" scale length here

dave19er
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dave19er » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:32 pm

Man, I’m with all the other folks who are befuddled by the lack of a Jaguar, and hoping that’s not really the case. Really, really wanting them to release a Jaguar. It’s weird to me that they wouldn’t have a Jag right after celebrating the Jaguar’s 60th anniversary.

Only semi-related, I played a Squier 70s model today. It had the driest fretboard I’ve ever seen on a guitar, and the frets felt like an emery board (they desperately needed to be dressed). However, I was still tempted to buy it, because I really want a Jaguar. Now, I’d much rather get an American Vintage 2/AO/whatever vintage spec one. Or maybe a Japanese Traditional one. I just really want Fender to take my money and sell me a Jaguar, but they’re making it /really/ hard to do so.

dave19er
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dave19er » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:14 pm

GreenKnee wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:15 pm
I'm perplexed as to why there is no Jag. There's no AmPro2 Jag and now no AVRI2 Jag!? There was the anniversary model yeah, but when has that ever stopped there being a dozen plus other models of similar spec Fender guitars produced at the same time? The Jazzy looks to be a cool guitar but there's a significant lack of 24" scale length here
I really can’t believe that, after JUST doing an anniversary Jag, and those apparently selling out instantly, that Fender wouldn’t have a Jaguar in that lineup. I’d even be fine if they just released the 60th Anniversary version as the regular version, without all the anniversary stuff, and with normal colors, like normal Lake Placid Blue or normal Candy Apple Red. With the blocks and matching headstock.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:32 pm

I'm not sure they're going to do a Jaguar at all with this run... after looking at all the leak links, and reading that guys promotional stuff & copy he's written for the release, there is a gaping hole where the photos of the models are all lined up and no mention at all of anything Jaguar related. Sure, historically, Fender have always done a Jag alongside the JM but they are in the midst of a big layoff and scaling back of their MIA ranges so it seems not unbelievable that they would leave out the worst selling model of the bunch.

Strats and Teles will always rule the roost at Fender, and we know JM's are currently flavour of the month a little too, no Jag is actually not that much of a surprise now I've thought about it.
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?