Case Showdown! [Fender Classic Series Wood Case vs Gator GW-Jag]

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Case Showdown! [Fender Classic Series Wood Case vs Gator GW-Jag]

Post by JSett » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:37 pm

cestlamort wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:00 am
I use a Mono M80 every time I leave the house (fits Jaguar, Rickenbacker, Jazzmaster, etc), just rotating in whatever guitar I'm using.
This is very good advice. I have an M80 and use it for everything now. None of my hard cases never even leave the attic. I can fit a Jazzmaster, Tele, Jaguar, Les Paul, Rickenbacker 360... everything pretty much into it and transport it safe (along with loads of other stuff in the 1072637 pockets it has).

Once loaded up it's about the same weight as a hardcase but you're ahead of the game as you've got loads of other stuff in for the price of that weight. And the straps are very comfortable so it's easier to move around.

Paying the money they are for 'a gig bag' is the wrong way to think about it too... they're much more than a gig bag in my opinion. Best of both worlds.
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Case Showdown! [Fender Classic Series Wood Case vs Gator GW-Jag]

Post by GilmourD » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:48 am

So, I ended up making an offer on Reverb with Gearnuts for $150 expecting them to counter, just to see what they came back with. They just accepted that, so now I have the SKB on its way to me. 🤪