Staytrem JMJM

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Post Reply
User avatar
sa1126
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 682
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:17 am

Staytrem JMJM

Post by sa1126 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:49 am

Did staytrem discontinue the parts to swap in one of the bridges on the JMJM?
Gibson Les Paul Custom --> Orange AD30

great deals with dug, grandmasterdavid, ChrisFFTA, Bryce_dude13, cestlamort, jimi, HNB,blake480,DocCarlson,
Gonkulator, AWSchmit, billboneys, panoramic,Gavanti,seancomm,Swansonron,Con-Tiki!

User avatar
Axolotl
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:06 am

Re: Staytrem JMJM

Post by Axolotl » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:08 pm

Yes, those bridges were discontinued several years ago.

User avatar
sa1126
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 682
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:17 am

Re: Staytrem JMJM

Post by sa1126 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:17 pm

Right on but a bummer...
Gibson Les Paul Custom --> Orange AD30

great deals with dug, grandmasterdavid, ChrisFFTA, Bryce_dude13, cestlamort, jimi, HNB,blake480,DocCarlson,
Gonkulator, AWSchmit, billboneys, panoramic,Gavanti,seancomm,Swansonron,Con-Tiki!

User avatar
pikmin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:03 am

Re: Staytrem JMJM

Post by pikmin » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:21 pm

Halon makes a drop in replacement bridge for the JMJM .

User avatar
ryanthellama
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Re: Staytrem JMJM

Post by ryanthellama » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:35 pm

I’ve also had no problem installing a standard JM style bridge in adjust-o-matic thimbles by inserting some set screws. Gives the thimbles a bottom and the bridge can drop right in

User avatar
Nudger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:10 am
Location: England

Re: Staytrem JMJM

Post by Nudger » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:45 am

sa1126 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:49 am
Did staytrem discontinue the parts to swap in one of the bridges on the JMJM?
Heres a pic of my heavily moded staytrem, Removed the Legs.. Dropped right on TOM posts.
This was the old type that had the plastic bushings, I replaced em with nuts.. Solid.
Image

User avatar
sugarandopium
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Re: Staytrem JMJM

Post by sugarandopium » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:02 am

Nudger wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:45 am
sa1126 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:49 am
Did staytrem discontinue the parts to swap in one of the bridges on the JMJM?
Heres a pic of my heavily moded staytrem, Removed the Legs.. Dropped right on TOM posts.
This was the old type that had the plastic bushings, I replaced em with nuts.. Solid.
Image
More pics of that guitar please!

OP, you can also do the M8 grub screw mod if you dont want to be bothered with removing legs.
Once you get it dialed in and the screw stable with loctite or whatever you intend to use, it works really well.

Both methods will get you worlds better playability than the TOM and they both take minutes to do.

User avatar
ThePearDream
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1202
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:18 am
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Staytrem JMJM

Post by ThePearDream » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:04 am

I don't think I've seen anyone mention these bridges before as an option. But they seem like they would be a decent low budget solution for a Mascis bridge swap.

User avatar
Nudger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:10 am
Location: England

Re: Staytrem JMJM

Post by Nudger » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:41 am

ryanthellama wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:35 pm
I’ve also had no problem installing a standard JM style bridge in adjust-o-matic thimbles by inserting some set screws. Gives the thimbles a bottom and the bridge can drop right in
Sounds a good fix, Any chance of a photo? Cant quite picture what you mean

User avatar
Nudger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:10 am
Location: England

Re: Staytrem JMJM

Post by Nudger » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:00 am

Image
[/quote]

More pics of that guitar please!

[/quote]

Had a couple o members asking questions about this build, Think its time I showed it off ;) I ll bung some pics on "non offset section"

User avatar
sugarandopium
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Re: Staytrem JMJM

Post by sugarandopium » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:15 am

Nudger wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:41 am
ryanthellama wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:35 pm
I’ve also had no problem installing a standard JM style bridge in adjust-o-matic thimbles by inserting some set screws. Gives the thimbles a bottom and the bridge can drop right in
Sounds a good fix, Any chance of a photo? Cant quite picture what you mean
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=113531

User avatar
sugarandopium
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Re: Staytrem JMJM

Post by sugarandopium » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:16 am

ThePearDream wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:04 am
I don't think I've seen anyone mention these bridges before as an option. But they seem like they would be a decent low budget solution for a Mascis bridge swap.
Great find, never seen this before.

User avatar
CROSS_guitars
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2797
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:52 am
Location: Thornbury Melbourne

Re: Staytrem JMJM

Post by CROSS_guitars » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:27 pm

Cool idea having that switch plate where the strat jack used to be!

User avatar
Nudger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:10 am
Location: England

Re: Staytrem JMJM

Post by Nudger » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:09 am

CROSS_guitars wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:27 pm
Cool idea having that switch plate where the strat jack used to be!
Cheers! Feel free to nick the idea ;)

User avatar
vistavision
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:37 pm
Location: PacNW

Re: Staytrem JMJM

Post by vistavision » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:20 pm

ThePearDream wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:04 am
I don't think I've seen anyone mention these bridges before as an option. But they seem like they would be a decent low budget solution for a Mascis bridge swap.
This is great. For that price I'm going to buy one and stick it in a box until I need it. It'll sit next to my still-in-the-package Toronado bridge.
I'm sure some Fender dealer in '64 looked at the new Duo-Sonic II and thought, "That's not a Duo-Sonic. That's a Mustang".

Post Reply