signature protocol check-in

For troubles with forum features or general questions regarding site moderation/administration.
øøøøøøø
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

signature protocol check-in

Post by øøøøøøø » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:38 am

Hey! I seem to remember that links of any kind in signatures have historically been frowned-upon.

Is this still the case? Would it be okay to post a linktr.ee URL in the sig to allow us to share our social media accounts, etc?

It occurs to me that social media didn't even exist in any substantial way when that rule was created(!), so I wonder if the policy has been updated?

Thanks!!

dc
Expat
Expat

Re: signature protocol check-in

Post by dc » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:30 am

isn't this already accommodated in everyone's User Profile? i don't know what Linktree is, but i think we can all embed all of our social links (including AOL and Yahoo Messenger :freako: ) in our profiles , accessible to others if they click on our user name
in the coldest night / huddled 'round the dying embers

øøøøøøø
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: signature protocol check-in

Post by øøøøøøø » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:40 am

dc wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:30 am
isn't this already accommodated in everyone's User Profile? i don't know what Linktree is, but i think we can all embed all of our social links (including AOL and Yahoo Messenger :freako: ) in our profiles , accessible to others if they click on our user name
While it includes provision for charming relics like ICQ and AOL Instant Messenger, the current forum software doesn't seem to support linking to Instagram

linktr.ee is a single URL that contains links to all of a person's sites and socials. If it were allowed, it would be one short line in the sig that would enable a lot of connectedness/functionality in a simple (and IMO unobtrusive) manner.