Little tricks for getting what you want from Fender amps

A sub forum for our most useful repair, maintenence & upgrade threads.
ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Little tricks for getting what you want from Fender amps

Post by ludobag1 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:57 pm

is this works on deluxe ri ?

Get control over your dwell, mix, and tone for your reverb on a two-channel BF or SF amp, giving you outboard-reverb type control within your amp--without mods. It's simple. Get a cord that has an RCA male connector on one end, and a standard 1/4" male connector on the other end. Plug the RCA end into the output of your reverb tank, and bring the cable over the top of the amp and plug it into the "normal" channel. Now your "normal" channel functions as your reverb recovery! Your "reverb" knob is now your "dwell." Your normal channel "volume" is now your "mix." Finally, the tone controls on the normal channel (bass and treble, or bass, mid, and treble) are your 2- or 3-band "tone" control.

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Little tricks for getting what you want from Fender amps

Post by ludobag1 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:32 am

thanks for your answer øøøøøøø :)
i will try soon ;) just need to pick a rca and a jack 1/4 adaptator
but now one thing bother me the reverb on the deluxe is too short ,no surf friendly in fact more over it make noise when reverb are full and vibrato is hight :squint: but at this time i have play it only at low volume setting cause i am in appartement but is sound really nice it is really warm have bass that i don't have with my champ 600 and be more clean than my vox ac4
i have better result with my frv1 :-[ for the reverb ,need to buy a tank or make one in fact ;) (it is my secret winter project ,first time with tube :wtf: i am scare)