Electric XII project

Bringing your older offset back to life.
zhivago
Mods
Mods

Re: Project black XII

Post by zhivago » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:11 am

black is the new black!! :)

thing is, all the pretty custom colours are nice, but I've discovered I'm a pretty traditional guy when it comes to actually refinishing a guitar...I'll go for Blonde, Sunburst, Black....Gold and Silver are my wildest of choices.

even though looking at pretty custom colours online is nice.

you're right though...a lot will depend on the state of the pickguard...let's see how it all pans out
Resident Spartan.

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Re: Black XII

Post by daydreamdelay » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:00 am

I also tend to like those more.. I love sunburst (as long as not every guitar I own is one) along with black and of course olympic white though I hate it with matching headstock  :-X

anyway I just paid the XII off a few minutes ago and it should be here before the weekend.. looking forward to checking it out, I still have to decide if I'm going to take it on myself or send it out to mr Novak

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:26 pm

due to arrive tomorrow!  :?

can't decide if I'm going to rip it apart and get to work or spend a while getting to know it.. leaning toward playing it a while though

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:40 pm

depending on how well it plays, I'd probably play it for a day or two, then take it apart.

I know what I'm like with refins....I've been meaning to get the '61 refinned for almost a year! :)
Resident Spartan.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:08 pm

daydreamdelay wrote: due to arrive tomorrow!  :?
Yay!!

I'm really glad everything worked out well.

I'm with Yannis... I'd probably play it for a few days, then tear it apart.

Justin
This isn’t some kind of metaphor
Goddamn this is real

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:27 am

tracking now says monday.. thanks UPS  ::)

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:48 am

ohhhh....goddamit!  >:( :(

UPS realy must be as crap as I read online....whenever people use USPS it seems things come through a lot quicker.
Resident Spartan.

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:56 am

USPS is sooooooooo much better.. they arrive on time and actually come to your door to personally hand you the package where as UPS and Fedex take forever even when they're on time and that's 50/50 at best.. then when they do show up they'll throw it in the back yard, side door, porch, wherever.. or just claim they couldn't find the address and make you drive to get it.

my new favorite is DHL, I've never used them before but the buyer for my Traynor head requested I ship through them.. I dropped it off tuesday around 8pm and it arrived the next afternoon... it was a big heavy double boxed package and only cost $16  :o

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:01 am

woah...the DHL service sounds excellent!! :)

I'm dreading the shipping of the Jaguar....I will probably use Parcelforce....I used them when I sent the '64 to Jon and it was delivered as estimated on the website.

8)
Resident Spartan.

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:08 am

yeah i remember all the logistics people praising DHL from when i used to work as a... stockroom/storage-guy  ??? (don´t know the correct term in english). they all hated UPS.

NickH
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by NickH » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:10 am

Well I hope you have it as early as possible on Monday- shame to lose the weekend of playing though. Love to see pics when you have a chance.

BTW the nerd in me is fascinated by logistics. So many variables and defect opportunities. The people who have it right do it well those who don't --- well I don't need to explain that here ;)

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:01 am

daydreamdelay wrote: USPS is sooooooooo much better.. they arrive on time and actually come to your door to personally hand you the package
When my XII was delivered, the postman asked me about all the other guitars I have had them deliver over the years. He said he was worried about them and hoped that everything always made it there safe and sound. He was like, "I was real worried about this one, so I wanted to drop it off first before delivering the rest of the route".  :)

Justin
This isn’t some kind of metaphor
Goddamn this is real

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:47 am

i love sharin foo wrote:
daydreamdelay wrote: USPS is sooooooooo much better.. they arrive on time and actually come to your door to personally hand you the package
When my XII was delivered, the postman asked me about all the other guitars I have had them deliver over the years. He said he was worried about them and hoped that everything always made it there safe and sound. He was like, "I was real worried about this one, so I wanted to drop it off first before delivering the rest of the route".  :)

Justin
hehey!

that's really nice of him...I love it when people take pride in their work! :)
Resident Spartan.

Jay
Admin
Admin

Post by Jay » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:09 am

Yeah, really Justin.  You are a lucky man to have a postal worker that cares.

I had to go pick up my Jag at UPS (drive 10 miles each way) because the driver put in a request for an address correction even though the address was correct.  He was just too lazy to actually deliver it.  He never even came down my street to check!  And it's not like they don't deliver crap to me all the time... though usually with some sort of problem.

glimmertwin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by glimmertwin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:59 pm

...sounds like maybe some qtips and varnish remover would work on those electronics - are they functional?  Who would do something like that?
"I enjoy the current state of offsetguitars hostility."