NGD: '69 Mustang

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
luau
Admin
Admin

Re: NGD: '69 Mustang

Post by luau » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:41 pm

That pickup is the 2nd week of whatever year is signified by the last digit. If it's a 2, then 2nd week of '72. 16th week of '71 is correct on the pot. The 032667 is a Fender part code.

That's the first time I've seen the strong red and blue wires on the switches, they're usually black and white matching the neck pickup leads, IIRC.

The pickguard is sticky on all 3 of mine, and they're all poly. Go figure. I don't think I've got any Gomez stamps. One is stamped with D. Law and A. Jiminez, but I'm not sure about the other two.

Thanks for the pics! How does it play with the Mastery?

otis
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD: '69 Mustang

Post by otis » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:20 pm

The mastery brought a certain airy clarity to it.
Quite a beatifull sound; though I liked the more muffled sound with the stock bridge as well.
I think that the guitar became a better all-round instrument; the sustain adds more tonal possibilities
The vibrato now can be used with the sustain lingering on longer.
Before, using the vibrato meant that the tone was about to stop .
To my ears,the sound somehow became a bit more 'modern' , due to the increased clarity. The high tones seem to come out better.
I like the change a lot, and I have the old mustang bridge for when I want an older sound.
I'm happy with it :)