ngvd

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: ngvd

Post by ludobag1 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:03 pm

then after the trem break ,full cleaning ,oiling the board ,set up the truss

i have play it and i am seriously happy it sound trop cool !
the accordeon button arestrange at first but it become really easy in fact to change sound ,more fast than a toggle
for those interrested i try to explain the button (as i feel them the wiring seems complicated)
edith for correction
0 is on off
2 is center pickups
1+3 bridge + neck
3 is neck pickups jazz voiced like jazzmaster rythm circuit (i like it! tomorrow i put my jen fuzz in the chain :? )
1 bridge pickups
M is 3 pickups out of phase or with filter ,think position 2 or 4 of a strat

the input jack scrach ,i try to salve it with bending but it is not totally good,tomorrow i try again another way and if it not works i change it for a brand new
the string are not my gauge 1046 and i like 10 52 ,need to buy some
don t have time to understand the trem mecanics and collet but need further invistigation (don't want to dismantle something that works :blush: )
one tuners screws for the cover was a wood screw instead M2 screw hopefully i have one in my spare box
the store tell me their tech will see it before sending ,as i see their tech was blind and deaf :D deaf for the jack and blind for the nut ,totally offset
not grave i can arrange all myself
the headstock was broken and reglue not too bad but seems headstock varnish was touch up
the fret are eat on the 3 first fret but not too much it play cool and i think only a little dressing is possible, they have again live .7 mm at the more low
the case need works ,one side was totally broken
Last edited by ludobag1 on Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Fiddy » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:16 pm

Spray contact cleaner on the input jack.

antisymmetric
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by antisymmetric » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:02 pm

For your inspirationTwo pickups so only 2/3 as good, obviously ;)
Watching the corners turn corners

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:57 pm

Looks awesome!!!

The ordering of the accordion buttons on the pickguard will haunt me for a while though… why: 0, 2, 1+3, 3, 1… why? Why????? :wacko:
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ludobag1 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:57 am

Italian tastes ;D
need cat approval now :fro:

when i look at the jack again will see the trem cause the button for stiffness of spring is really hard to turn and i don't want to break it maybe the screw was rusted ? or already tighten so much ? will put some oil to lubrificate the mecanism ,as i see the trem is more a push down than a pull up
after the night the set up seems to be ok ,it is tuned again then cool (the neck was not straight enought for my tastes before now i have a correct gap in the middle ,then the truss work ok )
i didn't arrive to otate the button (on the pot) don't know size of screwdriver necessary i think flat head srew but my little don't work ,i have to try with pecision one (not really necessary but as i have cleaned the guard i like to clean under button too )

for the jack it could be the metric vs imperial ,the chassis surely a 6,5 mm used and my jack is 6,35 mm one then the gap on the diameter made the jack move and made a connection break cause is it not enought firmely tighten

edith
do nothing and works better then contact need cleaning
dissmantle the trem and saw the button for stiffness was too much tighten

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ludobag1 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:54 am

after try it with a fuzz it is really cool but noisy as hell :fp:
the pups are not powerfull ,the level is low then need to push the amp then more gain then more noise ,with the fuzz engaged it catch lot of perturbation,and when you cut the volume the noise increase ,it act like an antenna
as i look with multimeter the ground is ok ,but when you touch it the noise don't disappears, for me is the miss of shelding at first(will do)
the second option is the wiring with caps +R that make it noisy
with the multimeter the bridge pups 1 on the button alone is 36 Kohms :derp: and it seriously too much for vintage pups (where are in really hi gain range of humbucker ,even more)
need to dyssmantle to see the right R of pups first i am pretty sure it is the filtering inside that make the R so much high
imagine if they put on signal path a R 30 K in serial of a 6 K pup we arrived to 36 K R total but with a low R pup the signal is diminued anf the noise is increase
i will try a short of the filtering to see if the overall volume inscrease and the noise discrease ;) ,pups are microphonics but i like it :D

other thing
done a false aluminium caps for vol knob

to do, i find a scraps of white guard that i can do a patch to recomplete the miss of the guard

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ludobag1 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:35 am

sheilding plus mod
under the guard

the filter board

the pups
for me look like big single coil ,i don't see 2 bobin ,they are 10 K ohms but as they glued and i don't want to destroy something the mystère will be not discover (but 10 K for humbucker is hudge then must be big single coil)

the pcb drawing
the mod ,3 short with wires ,2 for a caps ,and one for a R ,plus a leg disconnected for anopther R

result the overall sound is really noise free now but the filter disconnected made sound it more stratish in fact
now 0 is kill switch
2 is middle alone
1+3 is neck + bridge
3 is neck alone
1 is bridge alone
M is all together

as i hear not much improvement in overall sound level but really noise free ,will try to reconnect the filtering to see if the sheilding help the noise free with ,but before will test the caps and R to see if they have devied from original value (60 years R and caps are prone to)

hope that help someone need rewiring this kind of guitar ;)

push button wiring drawing

if someone can confirm my reading on R and Caps color code,
on pcb
the R are 100 K ,brown black yellow ,silver
caps are
red red red white yellow then 2,2nf

and the tone pot cap is
red red orange white gold 22 nf

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ludobag1 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:51 am

back to beguin ,i reput the filtering and i prefer ,the sheilding improve a lot the ratio noise volume
i ear that my lcd tv screen make some interferency with the guitar ,also i ear the net box in ,the pups are microphonics and catch all electromagnetic noise around ,it is surprising none of my others guitars react this way ,it make me think the big single pups is an évidence an humbucker guitar doen't catch all noise around like that
i am happy now it is more usable with a big fuzz (tonebender )and it is a good garage guitar ;)

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ludobag1 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:57 am

tested yesterday in rehearsale ,the clean sound is ok not powerfull i think a clean boost will help ,but for fuzzy thing it is pretty cool and to my tastes :w00t:

case repare
this side was a puzzle i reglue the most and put a wood insert to make it stronger ,black scotch outside will help the tolex to not fall appart
will not be pristine but usable

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ludobag1 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:40 am

first side

and
breack of trough to this other side ta da da ta da da

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923