What bridge is this?

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: What bridge is this?

Post by andy_tchp » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:17 am

I asked about the rest of the guitar as the small amount of the control plates visible in the photo also look very 'off' - like they could be on a serviceman.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

mixed_states
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by mixed_states » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:25 am

andy_tchp wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:17 am
I asked about the rest of the guitar as the small amount of the control plates visible in the photo also look very 'off' - like they could be on a serviceman.
I don't have other pictures now... I know that the pickguard was replaced by the current owner with a rudely handmade one. What's off with the control plates? What else could help to discern a serviceman from a fender Jaguar?

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:45 am

Poor quality chrome plating, incorrect screws and the overall shapes look off (but this could be a trick of the photo and the home made pickguard etc).

The vibrato assembly is usually the big giveaway.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

mixed_states
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by mixed_states » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:10 am

andy_tchp wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:45 am
Poor quality chrome plating, incorrect screws and the overall shapes look off (but this could be a trick of the photo and the home made pickguard etc).

The vibrato assembly is usually the big giveaway.
Ok, as far as I remember the vibrato plate and the rest of the hw looks original... also the body shape... most of Serviceman guitars I've found on the web looks very cheap and different from Fender original...

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:22 pm

an original bridge plate would only have holes (for saddle intonation screws) on one side, not both. I guess someone could've drill them in but why?