The Big (?) Vintage Starcaster Thread

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: The Big (?) Vintage Starcaster Thread

Post by Pacafeliz » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:50 pm

46346 wrote: โ†‘
Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:26 pm

seems prices are coming down for sure, perhaps your day will come ๐Ÿ˜˜
:-*
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

simonhpieman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by simonhpieman » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:06 am

46346 wrote: โ†‘
Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:13 pm
simonhpieman wrote: โ†‘
Sat May 13, 2023 2:26 am
Sorry to disappoint, it's just a regular ol' 1976 Star in natural
Hubba, Hubba! not disappointing in the least!

that looks very much like the one you once had, and much like the one i came upon.
so... what's the story on this Star baby?
It's definitely had a bit less of a life than my last one! But it sounds just as great, these are such awesome guitars...

No massive story behind it other than I was at The Great Escape festival in Brighton and walked past the shop window on my way back to the car at 11pm long after it had closed and sighed to myself at the inevitability of what was to follow.

I had a gig RELATIVELY nearby the next day so got in touch with the shop via Instagram, made an offer and picked it up on my way to work that afternoon.

I'm pretty sure I overpaid but the Starcaster is my holy grail guitar and this is a really quite clean one. I would only have spent hours trying to find another good one so I was basically purchasing time and relaxation! But it's the most I've paid for any guitar by quite a distance and I've had custom colour 70s Jazzmasters and 60s Jags before now!

PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 46346 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:32 am

^^^^ well, yeah, even just strolling past an original Starcaster is a very rare and privileged occurance, i would have inquired as well.
overpaid? i'm curious how much that is, only because i've seen selling prices vary so wildly. but nevermind, the UK market is probably a far stretch
from ours here in Fenderton, USA.

i also feel like i 'overpaid' even though i think i got a good deal because, like you mentioned, i've never paid so much for a guitar, either.
i'm *still* paying it off! but i recently picked up a surprise summer-long gig, so i may have her paid down by August, just over a year since acquiring.
i would say i've had several joyous weeks of gigging this Star baby, which confers immeasurable value.
Cat Museum, ACME, Malcolm Mooney, Dream Apes, The Cooling Time, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Quarks