Antoria/Ibanez 2365 "Jazzmaster" what it looks like inside

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
MC5tooge
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Antoria/Ibanez 2365 "Jazzmaster" what it looks like inside

Post by MC5tooge » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:33 am

New thread for this guitar
I play a quite jazzy finger style quite often and the squeaky strings were doing my head in so I bought a set of flatwounds and decided to take the guitar apart to take some reference pics - as there isn't that much material out there about these.

My findings....
Pickups are Maxon scaled-down P90s, essentially.
Pots are 250K audio taper
Actually has more in common with Jaguar than Jazzmaster - it has Gibson 630mm scale length.
Essentially same parts as the archtops Matsumoku was making round this time. Neck is identical apart from headstock to the one on the T718 in one of the pics - but pickups are different. The T718 has same Mosrite-size housing - but has a very low output (and rather noisy) mini-humbucker inside.
Unusual bridge mounting with no holes in the actual body apart from 2 small screw holes for the metal plate the tuneomatic bridge sits in.
Tuners are the usual Gotoh type but seem to be better than what would come a few years later on Japanese guitars.
Vibrato is fine.

Routing

Better close up of the wood inside

Rear view of pickguard (essentially similar to a Fender US Jaguar, just Jazzmaster styled) and pickups

Pots

Maxon pickups close up

With an Aria T718 from probably same production year

MC5tooge
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Antoria/Ibanez 2365 "Jazzmaster" what it looks like inside

Post by MC5tooge » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:18 pm

Just sold it on to a guy in Canada now that my Fender Japan 60s HH Jazzmaster with Cunifes arrived.
Was a fine guitar but am at the point where all new purchases have to be funded by selling other stuff. Having 2 sunburst offsets with block/bound necks and silver pickups was just not on....

NutButter
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Antoria/Ibanez 2365 "Jazzmaster" what it looks like inside

Post by NutButter » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:14 pm

Stumbled upon one recently. Would you say it is worth it for $370USD, ($500 CAD)?