Musicmaster Bass Bridge Options?

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Musicmaster Bass Bridge Options?

Post by JSett » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:25 pm

I tried the search function...unfortunately 'Musicmaster' and 'Bridge' are rather common words around here.

I currently have a Hipshot KickAss unit I put on my '79 MM bass as the one on there when I got it was a rusted and mangled mess. It was the quickest thing I could find that I could adjust the string spacing on to suit the narrow width on the guitar. Having just put appropriately sized 110-55 strings on a problem has reared it's head where, because the spacing adjustability is at the extremes of adjustment, the lateral angle of the string behind the saddle is causing a rattle/buzz where it is now touching part of the bridge :fp:

SO, does anyone have a suggestion for a half-decent, easy to get hold bass bridge with 17mm / 0.66" string spacing? Preferably vintage-looking but that's the least important box to check. The new Mustang bridges seem to be 19mm from what I can see too.

My Google-Fu seems to be weak on this one
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Musicmaster Bass Bridge Options?

Post by JSett » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:27 am

Well, since posting I found somewhere that has a NOS Bronco bridge for the right money. I know these aren't the best but at least it will fit correctly. And the fancy Hipshot thing can go on the Jaguar Bass when it arrives soon
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

Wil_66
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Musicmaster Bass Bridge Options?

Post by Wil_66 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:26 pm

Hipshot makes a direct replacement 4 saddle bridge for the Musicmaster bass