Fender Product Dating Weblink Update...

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
Surfysonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Fender Product Dating Weblink Update...

Post by Surfysonic » Sun May 02, 2021 4:48 pm

Wasn't positive where this might be best located, so thanks in advance to moderator if this gets moved to an appropriate location.

If you like to verify vintage Fender gear such as amp dates, etc., you may already know of the Fender Product Dating page in their Fender Support section. Maybe the link was changed as a result of a content update or webpage maintenance.

Anyhoo, the old link just takes you to the main Fender page now. If interested, you can consult the Fender Product Dating pages (US guitars, amps, Fender Japan-made guitars, Fender Mexico-made guitars, Korean, and Indonesian, etc.).

You can go to the main Fender page and scroll to the bottom and click the Support link and find your way to the Product Dating link. Or...I can help ya out. ;)

New links:

Fender Product Dating - https://fendercustomersupport.microsoft ... =CAT-01007

Along with US-made guitars and amps (below links provided), you can find the non-US Fender-made guitars links on this page.

Fender US-made Guitars - https://fendercustomersupport.microsoft ... e/KA-01873

Fender Amps - https://fendercustomersupport.microsoft ... e/KA-01879
Last edited by Surfysonic on Sun May 02, 2021 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The doofus formerly known as Snorre...

dc
Expat
Expat

Re: Fender Product Dating Weblink Update...

Post by dc » Sun May 02, 2021 6:19 pm

this is cool. i have indefinite possession of my brother in law's American Standard P-bass, and recently tried to date it by doing a Fender product registration. all that could tell me was, it was made sometime between 1995-2000 ... which i already knew .... ::) this narrows it down to 1998-99 :)
in the coldest night / huddled 'round the dying embers

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Mon May 03, 2021 2:47 am

looking for hot single coils in your area? click here to date 40 year old+ instruments
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

FenderBob
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by FenderBob » Mon May 03, 2021 6:52 am

BTW - Just found out that Fender dealers have a access to the Dating database that isn't available to the public.

So for example, you can plug in a Johnny Marr serial number w/o having to pull the neck.