Old Synth Parts

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
Soggasaurus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Old Synth Parts

Post by Soggasaurus » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:17 am

Hey everyone, I've got a mostly functioning Yamaha SK-20 that I took in for repair recently in the hopes of getting the Poly-Synth function up and running again. The repair place gave it a shot but I just found out that it's going to be difficult to get the parts needed since it's so old and out of production now (not surprisingly). Are there any good places to look for scrap parts for older keyboards? I'm trying Ebay, Reverb, and the usual suspects I gravitate toward for guitar stuff for miscellaneous parts but am new to looking for synth parts in particular.

Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Old Synth Parts

Post by Zork » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:41 pm

In the Americas I would most likely contact Syntaur because in their youtube channel it looks like they have tons of parts. In Europe www.synth-parts.com is cool. They have lots of parts on their website and good sources to find other parts you need if you write them a mail. I have ordered from them before and would recommend.
www.synthparts.com is probably the right adress to source the really rare and freaked out parts but I have no personal experience. They are just sort of on my radar for some time now.

I just recently got a SK-10. I was also looking at SK-15s and SK-20s but in the end I just wanted a straight up string machine. Love the sound of all of them, though. I wish you lots of happy hours with that lovely keyboard! :)

eggwheat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by eggwheat » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:18 am

Soggasaurus wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:17 am
Hey everyone, I've got a mostly functioning Yamaha SK-20 that I took in for repair recently in the hopes of getting the Poly-Synth function up and running again. The repair place gave it a shot but I just found out that it's going to be difficult to get the parts needed since it's so old and out of production now (not surprisingly). Are there any good places to look for scrap parts for older keyboards? I'm trying Ebay, Reverb, and the usual suspects I gravitate toward for guitar stuff for miscellaneous parts but am new to looking for synth parts in particular.
You need to join a proper synth based forum or group. I recommend ‘vintage synth repair and mods’ on Facebook. I repair high end studio electronics and vintage synths for a living and most of us are on that group.

wooderson
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by wooderson » Mon May 16, 2022 11:34 pm