New music for a haunted circus

Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
flatfiver
Expat
Expat

New music for a haunted circus

Post by flatfiver » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:48 pm

Yep, it's that Halloweeny time of year again.  A friend of mine designs and runs a haunted house with a circus theme and has had me do some music for it the last two years.  I've got the newest stuff posted at www.purevolume.com/spyvsspy.

For those curious about these things, I used my CIJ Jazzmaster on everything.  My recording rig is an M-Audio Firewire Solo into Cubase LE.  Amp tones are courtesy of Amplitube 1.  For drums I used the built-in drum machine from Cubase (it's pretty awful and generic but it keeps a beat).

"Bomp Chank" is direct, no amp sim.

"Plinky" rhythm and melody parts were Amplitube.  The solo part was Fuzz Factory and Amplitube, and I might have disabled the speaker sim (can't remember).  You can hear my AD-9 doing some self-oscillation at the end.

"Scary Surfer" (by far the lamest title I could bother to come up with) has me playing the melody direct through my Rat with the amp section of amplitube bypassed but still using a little 'verb and EQ.  The "solo" section is me laughing maniacally, double-tracked, and pitch-shifted up a 3rd through a bunch of reverb.  The bass is actually JM neck pickup pitch-shifted down an octave.

These are all mono - it makes the most sense given the setting in which they're heard.  The stuff I did last year is on the haunted house's website: www.gillyshauntedcircus.com.
Zen & the Art of Jazzmaster Maintenance

pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New music for a haunted circus

Post by pullover » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:20 am

That's great work. Sounds like a cool haunted house!
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.

flatfiver
Expat
Expat

Re: New music for a haunted circus

Post by flatfiver » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:10 pm

Thanks, man!  I went through it (the house) the other night and it scared the crap out of me.
Zen & the Art of Jazzmaster Maintenance