Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
1946dodge
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Big Tall Wish

Post by 1946dodge » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:49 pm

Here is my son's band:
http://www.myspace.com/bigtallwish
He is the one with the ball cap on and the soul patch on his chin (Mike Barile)
It also got a very good review on "All About Jazz"
http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=25154

He plays a gibson es335. I gave him a Jag HH Baritone special last XMAS and I hope he uses it on his next album.
A  man studies and learns all of his  life, and  attains wisdom only when he finds that  he knows much and understands nothing.

JazzBlaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Big Tall Wish

Post by JazzBlaster » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:27 pm

cool! I like it alot!
It's not about the gear! It's about you, your hands, your imagination, your feelings.

1946dodge
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 1946dodge » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:52 am

Thanks Jazzblaster.
When he was a kid, he was a great rock player, but for a long time now he doesn't play it anymore, which is too bad because I wanted to learn the licks he came up with.
What really makes me happy though is the fact that I have always been an amatuer, unlike your dad and his friends - I was never in a band - and playing guitar was only a hobby wth me. I got my forst guitar at 26. Michael always liked music, and got interested in it when he was 12 and so I got him a Fender Strat deluxe with lace pickups (it was 1988) and he took lessons.
He always had a knack for it and then went to Berklee in Boston, and then University of New Orleans for his masters degree in music.
Now music is his career - although it is difficult to make a good livinig with it, he is very happy with it and works hard on it, so I am happy with that.
The funny thing is my kid sees me screwing around with a hobby and then takes it seriously and makes a career out of it.
Also amusing is that I have about 20 guitars and am a hobbiest only and he is a professional and only has a couple of guitars.
I guess if you are really good, you only need a few.
Anyway I am glad you liked it.
Ed
A  man studies and learns all of his  life, and  attains wisdom only when he finds that  he knows much and understands nothing.

JazzBlaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JazzBlaster » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:37 am

haha, yeah I try and limit myself to 2 electrics. I used to have a bunch of guitars, my aunt was telling me about when they had no table to set things on in the house, only amplifiers.  ;)
It's not about the gear! It's about you, your hands, your imagination, your feelings.