iPhone recording app for capturing practices?

Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
budda12ax7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: iPhone recording app for capturing practices?

Post by budda12ax7 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:16 am

OK....It's called the Presonus Duo Capture. Work on ipad or iphone....two tracks with volume control.

Igorilla
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Igorilla » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:44 am

marqueemoon wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:00 pm
I know the mic in the phone is the one major limitation. Just hoping to find something simple with input level control and peak limiting. The ability to do some simple editing (cut out chatter, add fades, etc...) would be cool too, as would Dropbox integration.
I've been looking for a similar thing for years. Last week I got a used Shure MV88 lightning stereo condenser microphone. Well, the problem is solved, the quest is over.
The app it comes with, Shure Motiv +, gives you full control over input gain and several other things AND
you can do some simple editing in the app itself.

I tested it a couple of days ago with my band mate, two loud guitars, the mic at just 5 feet distace from the amps, and absolutely no clipping!
Great separation of instruments and clarity.

In the past we used the two condenser mics Zoom R16 comes with, which are great. But the incovinience
of editing recordings on computer afterwards is just meh.

ElizabethTaylor
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by ElizabethTaylor » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:05 pm

I've been looking lately to find a good app to clean all my cache, unnecessary apps, and photos in order to free my storage. Luckily, I have found the best phone cleaner . The app is essential for iPhone users to free and manage their storage. The app helps remove cache, cookies, history, photos secretly and clean up the storage thoroughly to get the storage back. Also, it set reminders to help you stop using unnecessary apps and get rid of tons of other junk that is cluttering up the phone.
Last edited by ElizabethTaylor on Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:37 pm

:wtf:
Igorilla wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:44 am
editing recordings on computer afterwards is just meh.
Yep.

I should probably at least create a template with all my typical plugins and eq settings to save time.

Since posting this thread I’ve joined another band and the singer has a Zoom H6. We’ve used this to grab the room sound + a split from the lead vocal mic.

This is cool but…

- more work
- the stereo image is kind of wonky due to limits on where the mic can be placed.

Voice Record Pro has been ok, but better metering would be nice.