The necessary introduction thread

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Gordon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

The necessary introduction thread

Post by Gordon » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:07 am

First, and before politeness forces me to introduce myself to you, I have to precise English is not my mother tongue, so be gentle with the spelling mistakes and such, thanks. :D

I discovered OG recently, while gathering infos as I've decided to build myself a Jaguar. Not that I was unsatisfied with the models on the market, but I felt the *building* of it was important. Keeps the hands busy, you know. I've only ordered a body to Warmoth so far, I'll get the parts little by little over the next few months. It'll be a sonic blue with matching headstock (have decided if it'll be a Strat or a CBS head shape yet, your thoughts are welcome), mint pickguard, and I'd like a bounded neck if I can't afford it (and if Warmoth can make it, though it's an unlisted option). This is a rough photoshop of what I have in mind:

Image (I stole this pic from I-can't-remember-where; if it's yours, Hey! I love your guitar!)

Of course, keep in mind the neck might end up bounded. And it could also have white witch hat knobs, I haven't decided yet.

Also, if you don't mind me to spam in my first post: as that building project interested some people, I've decided to put up a blog where I'd show every step, infos, etc. It's in French, though, but future building pictures will be self explanatory, I guess: http://abracadaver.free.fr/.
Graphic designer (comics stuff, Doctor Who, Star Wars...): https://www.instagram.com/monsieurgordon/ \o/

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Re: The necessary introduction thread

Post by mezcalhead » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:17 am

Cool, thanks for dropping in .. your building blog isn't really spam, we love that sort of stuff here.

Personally I think binding with dots looks great on a light-coloured finish, so I'd go for binding myself .. but I like Jag knobs on a Jag so I'd stick with those rather than the witch hats. And if you're staying with dots then I'd keep a smaller headstock. Just my opinion .. !

:)
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

Gordon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gordon » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:35 am

Thanks for the input. And the welcome! :P
Graphic designer (comics stuff, Doctor Who, Star Wars...): https://www.instagram.com/monsieurgordon/ \o/

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:15 pm

welcome to the site, looking forward to seeing the progress made on your project :)
Resident Spartan.

k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by k o y l » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:08 pm

Hey Welcome !

Great project !  8)
I thought of building my own Jazzmaster from parts gathered on eBay but I fell in love with a OTM Jazzmaster so I bought in one piece..

I'd go for a big CBS headsock if It wasn't a matching headstock but with a matching I'm not sure...
Gordon wrote: First, and before politeness forces me to introduce myself to you, I have to precise English is not my mother tongue, so be gentle with the spelling mistakes and such, thanks. :D
Don't worry... you will not be the only one  ::) 
I sometimes make BIG spelling mistakes that turn my sentences into total non-sens but nobody ever told me yet ... they must be laughing a lot in front of their computer screens though but they kept it for themselves... real true gentlemen here  8)
:D
Last edited by k o y l on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Once you're lost in twilights's blue, you don't find your way. The way finds you...

Gordon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gordon » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:12 am

Merci. ;)

FYI, I'll likely get a Strat shape headstock, as I'm seriously considering... A reverse head. (don't hit me!)

Soiouz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Soiouz » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:12 am

Welcome here!! Looking forward to your project updates!

k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by k o y l » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:28 am

Gordon wrote: Merci. ;)

FYI, I'll likely get a Strat shape headstock, as I'm seriously considering... A reverse head. (don't hit me!)
I don't find it schocking... it may look quite good with a matching headstock actually. It will be the first reversemaster here !  :)
... and if you name your guitars, you could call it "Vice Versa"  8)

Did you try to do a montage in photoshop to see what it'll look like ?

Edit: I just looked at your blog and just saw the dressing room picture... I like it with the reverse headstock !  :-*
Last edited by k o y l on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once you're lost in twilights's blue, you don't find your way. The way finds you...

Gordon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gordon » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:04 am

k o y l wrote: Edit: I just looked at your blog and just saw the dressing room picture... I like it with the reverse headstock !  :-*
That's the first photoshop of it I did, and then I knew I was heading this way. ;D