Re: Greetings from a Bronco owner

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Mute
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Greetings from a Bronco owner

Post by Mute » Sat May 19, 2007 8:14 am

Okay, so I finally got myself together and signed up. I’ve been nosing around for quite some time now so I figured I had to register – if not to post constantly then at least to check out the Dressing Room  ;)
Obviously I share your love for offsets. My OTM AVRI JM has been my main guitar for some years now but after I got my hands on my ’78 Bronco my JM has finally found a worthy rival. That Bronco plays like a dream!
I also have a CIJ Jag Baritone custom (nicked “the turtle” because it feels bigger, heavier and slower to play than my other guitars), a US Tele that I play occasionally, a lovely little Rickenbacker 620 and a bunch of other guitars that I don’t use a lot - including a strange transparent green humbucker guitar that I’ve named Old Mr. Greenwood.
I play a lot of different stuff, mostly various kinds of experimental, noisy and/or dreamy music mixed up with some hints of jazz and classical guitar. Probably very pretentious stuff. But what made me buy my JM in the first place was my love for “that great surf-sound” – my theory is that you can’t own a JM without having a soft spot for old fashioned surf-twang. Or maybe that’s just me  ::)
English is my second language (I’m from Denmark) so please forgive any strange mistakes here and there.

I'm guessing you would want to see my Bronco... Here's a pic for ya! All parts are original by the way.

k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by k o y l » Sat May 19, 2007 8:57 am

Hey welcome here !  You'll see, it's a friendly place :)

Great guitar collection (don't hesitate to posts pics, even of the non-offset guitars !). The Bronco is beautifull & the all black finish & pickguard is classy !
I like why you named your guitar and gears ("Mr Greenwood" Is there any Radiohead connection here ? ).

Interesting theory on those who likes JM... I'm not too much into surf music  (Mainly because I haven't take the time to dig into it, find great bands) but I don't dislik at all, on the other side I a big fan of Marc Ribot who's known to have a guitaqr sound very close to surf guitar sounds so your theory is true for me !

..and if you have a link to some website when we can hear your music, I'm very interested. I like your description and...I guess I like pretentious stuff..  :D
Once you're lost in twilights's blue, you don't find your way. The way finds you...

RumorsOFsurF
Mods
Mods

Post by RumorsOFsurF » Sat May 19, 2007 10:52 am

Welcome!!!  That is a really nice Bronco.  Let's see some pics of your JM!!
This is a great bunch of people, so stick around.
Damn kids, get off my lawn!

JazzBlaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JazzBlaster » Sat May 19, 2007 2:24 pm

Welcome!

Would that be the "Black Stallion"?  ;)
It's not about the gear! It's about you, your hands, your imagination, your feelings.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Sat May 19, 2007 6:39 pm

Welcome!

Your English is excellent  :)

Justin
A death’s head ring upon his finger

djetz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by djetz » Sat May 19, 2007 10:41 pm

Well, I think "experimental, noisy and/or dreamy music mixed up with some hints of jazz and classical guitar" sounds pretty cool. I think I'd like to hear some of that.

Nice Bronco, too.

Welcome aboard.
-=264=-

Mute
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mute » Sun May 20, 2007 2:14 am

Thanks for the warm welcome! The more threads I read on these pages, the more it seems like the friendliest board I’ve come across yet.

I knew I couldn’t get away with posting pics of my Bronco only, so I decided to pull out the camera and shoot my JM too. Currently I can’t come up with any name for it, since I only have one JM it’s just my “Jazzmaster” (boring, I know). I sometimes refer to it as the Jazzblaster though.
It is OTM, but you all know how impossible metallics can be to photograph.

Speaking about guitars and their names, Old Mr. Greenwood isn’t really a Radiohead reference though I definitely see how one could connect the two. The name was just an obvious choice since the poor thing actually is transparent green.

“Black Stallion”! :D  Well, I guess it would be a suitable name for the Bronco but translated into Danish it just sounds even more cheesy – trust me on this, it really sounds horrible! So for now it’s just my Bronco.

I’m sorry to disappoint you guys but I’m between bands at the moment, so for now the music I’ve written only exists on paper and in my head. :(  Apparently it’s hard to find musicians in this country that are talented and open minded enough to join in on my project, but the biggest problem for me is more that it’s hard to describe exactly what I do. Currently I have no way of recording my compositions but I’m planning on setting up a small recording studio at home sometime in the future. It’s just impossible for me to fund things like that right now.
But nevertheless, thank you for your interest! Usually people just go “huh?” or “so what?” when I try to describe what I do.

k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by k o y l » Sun May 20, 2007 2:59 am

Mute wrote: Apparently it’s hard to find musicians in this country that are talented and open minded enough to join in on my project, but the biggest problem for me is more that it’s hard to describe exactly what I do.

+

Usually people just go “huh?” or “so what?” when I try to describe what I do.
:-[ ...Mmmmm  Are you me ??  ???
:D

Execpt I've even given up trying to describe what I do (at least to people who only know about bands & singers that are played on Big radios an TV!).
Once you're lost in twilights's blue, you don't find your way. The way finds you...

tsalwel
Expat
Expat

Post by tsalwel » Sun May 20, 2007 4:14 am

Probably very pretentious stuff

like this  ;D ;D :D

http://www.garageband.com/artist/noguitar

welcome to the club

:)
  d
music ALLways
music  IS my motor

k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by k o y l » Sun May 20, 2007 4:39 am

I love it !!  8)
I told you I like pretentious stuff !  :D

tsalwel
Expat
Expat

Post by tsalwel » Sun May 20, 2007 10:54 am

k o y l wrote: I love it !!  8)
I told you I like pretentious stuff !  :D

he

:-[

thanks ...

theres a lot i like in your music too

:)
  d
music ALLways
music  IS my motor

k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by k o y l » Sun May 20, 2007 1:25 pm

I'm was kidding.. ;) 
But I guess what you do (or what Fred Frith, John Zorn or              do) can be perceive as pretentious by people that are not used to this kind of music.. but I don't find it's pretentious..

btw, Are the drums in this piece are "real" drums or programmed drums ??

Thanks for the nice words !  :)

@Mute: I ordered almost the same JM as yours except it's a matching headstock !
Unfortunately I didn't receive it (but I should have...it's been 2 weeks since it's in the mail.. >:()) so your pictures make my impatience grow even more !  :)  I'm really happy I bought a JM with this finish !  8)

tsalwel
Expat
Expat

Post by tsalwel » Sun May 20, 2007 9:07 pm

yeah the drummer " was " real
untill he got tendinitis on both his elbows..........

and then the dream was over

:( :(
    d
music ALLways
music  IS my motor

Mute
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mute » Mon May 21, 2007 2:33 am

k o y l wrote: @Mute: I ordered almost the same JM as yours except it's a matching headstock !
Unfortunately I didn't receive it (but I should have...it's been 2 weeks since it's in the mail.. >:()) so your pictures make my impatience grow even more !  :)  I'm really happy I bought a JM with this finish !  8)
Matching headstock sounds awesome! 8)
Sorry to hear is hasn't turned up yet, must be disturbing waiting for something like that for 2 weeks!
But yeah, you will definitely love the finish. It seems like the colour changes dependent on how you light it, so basically the guitar never really looks the same. I personally find that very charming.

k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by k o y l » Mon May 21, 2007 6:07 am

Yes that's very disturbing ! Even more disturbing is the fact that the method of shipping used by the user doesn't allow tracking so all you know it's somewhere between England and the north of France... It's a very short travel, no customs clearance needed as we're both in the EU and average delivery time is 4 to 6 days so I begin to be very afraid of never see this finish in real life actually !  :(

NEVER use Parcelforce !  >:( They're expensive (46£ for the shipping here!  :o) and unreliable.

btw, I saw an auction on eBay for a tube amp, the guy wrote he ask Parcelforce for a shipping quote to send the amp in the UK... they're answered it was going to cost 799£ !!!! How is it possible ? That's crazy: If you take the train and go get the amp yourself, it's waaaay cheaper and reliable.
So the seller choosed DHL: 40£