Hi from PA

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
BryWestWhit
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hi from PA

Post by BryWestWhit » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:33 am

Hi. I’ve been getting back into my love of electric guitars recently. I was a huge Nirvana/ KC fan in the 90s and always wanted a Jag Stang. So I bought one early this year and through research, some from this very website, made some modifications to improve the guitar beyond stock.

I upgraded the pickups to Seymour Duncans, changed out the neck plate and considered changing the bridge but decided against it in the end. I always thought the Fender sketch neck plate on the KC Jaguar seemed like it belonged on the Jag Stang. So I found one in Mexico and added it to my Jag Stang and it looks great.

After modifying the Jag Stang I turned my attention to acquiring a KC Jaguar. I watched lots of videos and determined that the NOS version isn’t the best version for me. I found along the way an Olympic white Jaguar with matching headstock and loved the way it looked. So I decided to get it and modify it into a KC inspired Jag. I changed the pickups to Seymour Duncans, upgraded to a tortoise shell pick guard, changed the knobs to chrome, and modified the diamond plate to a 3 way toggle with split coil switch. So that’s my KC Jaguar and it’s one of a kind so I love it!

And finally my current and last KC guitar. The Grail Guitar, Competition Stripe Mustang! I recently bought a 2002 Competition Blue Mustang that was modified with matching headstock but the color wasn’t quite right and the headstock logo wasn’t correct either. I really want this guitar to have the more teal tone that the 60’s nitro finished guitars faded into over the years. So this guitar is being refinished by MJT currently and will be a closet clean match to the Smells Like Teen Spirit guitar.

And that’s it. I’m excited to read about everyone’s own mods and stories!
BryWestWhit

BryWestWhit
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hi from PA

Post by BryWestWhit » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:42 am

These are pre-mod shots of the Jag and mustang. The Jag-Stang is complete. I’ll post new picks of the Jag soon and when I get the mustang back in a few months.