Self introduction

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
EddyCharles
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Self introduction

Post by EddyCharles » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:15 pm

Recently found this group after acquiring my latest Offset Guitar.

I was a guitar collector in my early days. I was fond of smaller bodied acoustics and had a handful of electric guitars..ES-335, Fender '52 AVRI Telecaster, Les Paul Custom, etc.

10 years after retiring I downsized and moved to a retirement facility.

Got into playing bass guitar late in life and stumbled across my first Offset instrument by pure accident...a Fender Mustang Base. I totally loved the concept of a short scale instrument and unloaded my full size bass guitars. Picked up a short scale Fender Kingman bass also!

My only electric guitar consisted of a Fender Telecaster, however, as I aged I was having difficulty playing it. I wondered if short scale guitars would be as effective as short scale bass for playing ease. Tried out a Mustang guitar and became sold on the concept!

I now own a Fender Mustang Bass, Fender Mustang guitar and a Squire Jaguar Contemporary HH ST. I love the off set bodies and the shorter scales. I find myself playing the Offset Guitars more than anything in my limited collection. All my electric guitars are short Scale Offset bodies! Call me a convert!

shoegaze_head
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Self introduction

Post by shoegaze_head » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:03 pm

Welcome to the forum! Always cool to see people still rocking out later in life and finding new gear.

Short scale guitars are some of my favs to play because the way my fingers fly over the fretboard makes me feel like I'm much better than I actually am ;)