Greetings from São Paulo - Brazil

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Chocomilkz
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Greetings from São Paulo - Brazil

Post by Chocomilkz » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:59 am

Hi, there!

Long time offset lover here, much into alt rock and surf/rockabilly stuff.
Bedroom player and guitar nerd.
Have been playing my CPJM with mustang bridge and fender pv 65s for a while. Also a proud owner of a squier JMCV.

It is not that easy to get these guitars and parts in Brazil, but I’ve been doing good with importing parts from other places as US and UK.

Good to be here!
I’ve learned a lot reading the topics from this forum through google search and I finally decided to join you.

Thanks!

Tafarel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Greetings from São Paulo - Brazil

Post by Tafarel » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:53 am

Welcome to the board.

My wife is from Itaim Paulista. Big Corinthians fan. We travel to Brazil every few years. I always go to the guitar stores. I've never seen a Jazzmaster (or Jag or strat, for that matter) at any of the places I've been. I can imagine it is pretty much a desert for genuine Fender guitars and parts.

I do own a nice di Giorgio violao. I also remember going to a guitar store in the city centre shopping a few years ago. They mostly sold fine acoustic guitars of their own making as well as some 'meh' electrics. I can't recall the name, however.
"I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory, and I didn't have a good time."