Hello from northern England

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
JagzJim
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from northern England

Post by JagzJim » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:21 am

Hi all,

I learned to play bass in the late 90s and did some pub gigging as part of a covers band playing stuff from Stereophonics, through to Nirvana, Manic Street Preachers etc. I did originally have a Squier Strat but was switched to bass because of need, plus I wasn't any good on a six-string. :D

Gave up guitar in 2000, but always hankered to try six-string again. Years I put it off, so a couple of weeks ago I went and bought the reissue MIM Jag-Stang in Sonic Blue, plus a Mustang LT50 amp. Just ordered a Mustang Micro too.

This really is back to basics for me, so just a total beginner. Figured as I'm now in my 50s, I need to do this now instead of in a few years. :whistle:

Great to see a site that loves these offsets like I do!

Here's some pics of my brand new baby.

Jim

whitewatersky
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hello from northern England

Post by whitewatersky » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:19 pm

howdy !

Stephen_42
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Stephen_42 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:35 pm

Hello from southern England!

While we may differ on how to pronounce words, we have the same taste in guitars: I have a new sonic blue Jag-stang that's my baby too. I also have mostly played bass when in bands (for much the same reason as you), and judging by the background of your photo we also have similar levels of Star Wars nerdiness and a fondness for cats... I think you'll fit in here.

Liking the matching lead by the way. Welcome to OSG!

JagzJim
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by JagzJim » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:12 am

Stephen_42 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:35 pm
Hello from southern England!

While we may differ on how to pronounce words, we have the same taste in guitars: I have a new sonic blue Jag-stang that's my baby too. I also have mostly played bass when in bands (for much the same reason as you), and judging by the background of your photo we also have similar levels of Star Wars nerdiness and a fondness for cats... I think you'll fit in here.

Liking the matching lead by the way. Welcome to OSG!
Cheers!

Those few years of bass gave me bad habits in playing. Now I'm learning again, I'm not playing with my fingertips when doing chords, and I'm accidentally muting strings and generally making it real difficult for myself. Definitely a learning curve again, but so pleased I went with this guitar as it feels very comfortable. Glad you like the Fender Daphne Blue lead! :D

Yup, I'm a kid of the 70s (1970 to be precise), so I grew up with Star Wars, and was old enough to appreciate Nirvana when they landed the big gig in '91!

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:29 am

Welcome!

I never liked the look of Jagstangs, but God these necks are a dream!
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.