Hello again?

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
fendertweed
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hello again?

Post by fendertweed » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:33 am

[quote=Nevets post_id=1706077 time=1642619283 user_id=19518]
[quote=hulakatt post_id=1705897 time=1642550447 user_id=5202]
Nothing noteworthy. Still a sea of in-jokes, blooze lawyers and pedal junkies that thinks it's the center of the universe. I stuck mostly to the Effects, Amps and Guitars subs. I got in trouble usually in the Pub.

Oh, the finally added a Drums sub, that was nice.
[/quote]

I meant more in the sense that a lot of long time members are getting banned for flimsy and incomprehensible reasons. I would not be surprised at all if you were targeted by one of the Maga-mods. I'm sad to see it, because I do like TGP.

All my 'vacations' came from the Pub too! My favorite was when I got suspended for insulting guns.
[/quote]

I was totally targeted and I know which mod too. Awhile ago I started a AMA thread in the Pub about my being and trans and my transition and it was largely a very well received and positive thread, being quite active for over a year before one mod got a hard on about it and deleted it. When I complained, I was told it hadn't been deleted, only locked and later that day, it showed back up again but was now locked. That mod also threw some nasty responses at me in the thread where I asked what happened which he then promptly deleted. Ever since then, I would get warnings or bans for all kinds of minor, petty BS.
[…]
[/quote]

It’s sad to see what’s become of that place…. Good to see you here.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:59 am

hulakatt wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:39 pm

I was totally targeted and I know which mod too. Awhile ago I started a AMA thread in the Pub about my being and trans and my transition and it was largely a very well received and positive thread, being quite active for over a year before one mod got a hard on about it and deleted it. When I complained, I was told it hadn't been deleted, only locked and later that day, it showed back up again but was now locked. That mod also threw some nasty responses at me in the thread where I asked what happened which he then promptly deleted. Ever since then, I would get warnings or bans for all kinds of minor, petty BS.

In one thread, people were ranting/asking questons about the post office. Well, I work for USPS and answered a bunch of the questions. In answering one question, I said that new directives were coming from the top down to slow things down and I got a ban for that too.
That sucks. Well, you are absolutely in a more trans friendly place here, I've personally learned a lot myself here.

I'm also a big supporter of the USPS, I think y'all do a better job than any of the others at a better price, I'm proud of the work you do and happy to support our postal service.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:34 pm

I thought I might go and set up an account over there to troll with. Turns out my old one (with 4 whole posts) is still active :ph34r:

I did find a picture of my old SG though...

Man, that thing was beautiful.
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

hulakatt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hulakatt » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:58 pm

Larry Mal wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:59 am
That sucks. Well, you are absolutely in a more trans friendly place here, I've personally learned a lot myself here.

I'm also a big supporter of the USPS, I think y'all do a better job than any of the others at a better price, I'm proud of the work you do and happy to support our postal service.
fendertweed wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:33 am
Thanks guys, it's nice to feel welcome around here. I really appreciate it.

I try to remind people (at work and outside of work) that it's the Postal Service and not the Postal Business. Also, no one expects any other branch of the US Gov to turn a profit (outside of the IRS I guess). When was the last time the Dept of Agriculture turned a profit? For an organization that handles half the worlds volume of mail on a daily basis, USPS ain't doing too bad. Could be better, could be worse and believe me, I know!
She/Her

sookwinder
Mods
Mods

Post by sookwinder » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:06 am

Had plenty of guitars shipped for the USA to Australia using USPS and never had an issue with any of them.

And yes I also got banned from the FDP ... apparently I live in a communist country because we have a health care system :fp:
When I got banned I asked for a pro rata refund of the membership costs that i would no longer be using since I was banned. Even i wouldn't repeat the email that came back to me.

And by the way hulakatt, welcome back to OSG ;D
relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...

Chippertheripper
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Chippertheripper » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:30 am

hulakatt wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:58 pm
Larry Mal wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:59 am

fendertweed wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:33 am
Thanks guys, it's nice to feel welcome around here. I really appreciate it.

I try to remind people (at work and outside of work) that it's the Postal Service and not the Postal Business. Also, no one expects any other branch of the US Gov to turn a profit (outside of the IRS I guess). When was the last time the Dept of Agriculture turned a profit? For an organization that handles half the worlds volume of mail on a daily basis, USPS ain't doing too bad. Could be better, could be worse and believe me, I know!
TGP is full of misogyny and homophobia and transphobia.
I’ve seen a lot of things recently over there that had me coming back to OSG, as from my seat, it’s generally a more equitable place.
I’m sorry to hear about your sitch, and how things shook out.