Hi From Atlanta

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
phdinfunk
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hi From Atlanta

Post by phdinfunk » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:04 pm

Hey. I live in Atlanta and I really dig Jazzmasters and Jaguars. Most of the shows I have gone to, most guitar players have them (Post Rockers), and I got one myself in 2012. I started with a Squire Classic Vibe JM with MIM 90s strat neck in 2012, and upgraded the body to a pine Tele Shaped Jazzmaster last year.

I have built a lot of pedal-clones for myself from scratch: Proco RAT, Selmer Buzztone, A couple of different Big Muffs, Elektra Fuzz (and a couple of variants), Tone Bender Mk I, Rangemaster, Ampeg Scrambler, Harmonic Percolater, Jfet Preamp from old Tape Echo, Circuit Bent Dual Jfet Preamp Monstrosity, Peach Fuzz, Tube Screamer, Klon Centaur, Marshall Shredmaster, 1776 effects Thuderbird.

I play everything into a Sansamp Blond

Yes, all of them. My favorite fuzz boxes or combos are:

1) Klon, TS, or Rangemaster into a Big Muff. All of these are great.
2) TS or Klon into Rat
3) Ampeg Scrambler into Echoplex Preamp (or Vice Versa. Just boost the Ampeg a wee little bit)
4) The Shredmaster
5) The Buzztone

I am considering adding some low-cut switches or even a low-cut knob to my guitar to facilitate more clarity with vast saturation on the guitar. I like having good note separation for seventh, suspended, and extended chords played through a zillion tons of gain.

Winter.
Just add more saturation, okay?