Hey there!

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
wotsch
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hey there!

Post by wotsch » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:55 pm

Hi, my name is Walter and I live in Austria, pretty much Central Europe.
I play guitar since I'm 10 years old, so more than 20 years of experience... I've always been fascinated by offset guitars, but it took me quite a while to "dare" to get one.

Believe it or not: I wanted to buy a AM Pro JM in 2015, but the store I went to in Vienna said that he doesn't have offset guitars! So I couldn't try one and he talked me into buying an AM Pro Strat... Stupid me!

I finally got an AM Performer JM in 2018, and since then, I'm hooked. Sold the Strat, sold my Tele, got an AM Original 60s Jaguar and JM and, last week, a Squier J Mascis JM.

Couldn't be happier with my guitars, besides I don't have that much time to play due to work and 2 kids :)

The OSG forum already helped me a lot with research for pickups and bridges, just good to know that all of you are out there! I hope I can contribute to the forums as I'm not a tech guy at all - but I'm willing to share my experience with my gear!

Steadyriot.
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hey there!

Post by Steadyriot. » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:37 am

Welcome to the forums!
Offsets can still be pretty scarce in the EU so good for you you found a good one!
"If someone duetted with a Bald Eagle, they could rule the Country charts from here to eternity." ~shadowplay

wotsch
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hey there!

Post by wotsch » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:55 am

Thank you!

Yep, they are pretty rare - hence the story of the shop in Vienna!

I got the Performer JM new in a shop where I could play it - thought back then I wouldn't need the classic vibrato! Oh, how was I wrong...
Then I found the Original 60s JM used a 1.5 hours drive away and I couldn't resist going there and give it a try knowing almost certainly that I would come home with this fine instrument.

Puisheen has a great review of an AO 60s Jaguar on his channel, so I got one from Spain from Reverb. The JMJM was a 1 hour drive away, for 500 €, so I knew I had to be quick because they are hard to find used. And this one has the rosewood fingerboard as it is from 2014!

It's nice that there are European players on the forum as well!