Guitar trade consensus

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Fishwicke
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Guitar trade consensus

Post by Fishwicke » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:41 am

Hey there, new member and first time poster. I found the group like oking for more detailed info on early '90's MG69 Mustangs. I have a friend that just offered me a trade deal; his 1993 Fender MG69 Mustang, it's a Comp Blue (burgundy mist) model for my NOS Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar. If I do the trade I will tell him the mustang has to come with a case as well.

Some background: he and I are both Kurt and Nirvana fans. He's already got the RW KC Jag, all the colors of the KC Mustang and both colors of the Jagstang. He has 8 Mustangs total so isn't missing out on much trading. That's the "why" he would be willing to trade. Great guy and very impulsive especially when it comes to KC guitars. I have the comp KC Mustang, all-time favorite mustang color for sure. I've always wanted a mustang from the '90's specifically and getting one from a year when Kurt would've still been alive is just awesome. I honestly don't know why but it seems just a little bit cooler because of that. Personally, I would hold that at a higher value than, say, a '96 model. I don't know, just something about it. It's definitely the Kurt association. Anyways... The color is spot on, it's yellowing beautifully and has a nice turquoise patina. It's very Smells Like Teen Spirit reminiscent and is just a badass guitar. I love the idea of it. I have an MG65 and love the idea of having the 69 variant as well. The issue I have with the trade is that I'd be trading my Kurt guitar. I got the KC Mustang first. Then thought it would've awesome to have the KC Jag as well. An opportunity came and I traded a Vintera Jazzmaster for it. Now I have both KC guitars. Pretty pumped. Then I got the Venus (Vista Series) and it's the same finish as the KC Jag. I like the idea of the his and hers (eventhough I don't care for Courtney as a person.) I'd be splitting up the his and hers. I wouldn't have the pair of KC guitars. That really sorta bothers me. On the other hand, I don't as much care to play the KC Jag, it's not really built for what I like to play.

I'm very torn and looking for input and opinions. I appreciate anyone's help in advance. ;D

-Bradford