A belated introduction

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
magnificent studios
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

A belated introduction

Post by magnificent studios » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:54 pm

Hello all,

I've made a few posts over the past few months but never thought to give an introduction. But now I plan on posting more often, since I've decided to avoid other places that have too much of a Jim Jones-esque vibe  :D

My name is Joe, I'm 26 years old. I've been playing guitar for 13 years. I started on a Strat copy but drooled over the Mustangs and Jags I'd see in the hands of Sonic Youth and Kurt Cobain. At first I just thought they looked cool, but these days I prefer them (along with SGs) for their sounds and feel. I've had a couple JMs, a mustang, Jag, and two Jag-Stangs over the years, but sold them for one reason or another. I'm currently working on designs for a Custom Jag and Mustang (not sure which I'll do first) to replace the Jaguar I sold to RumorsOfSurf in a fit of unemployment.

I listen to all kinds of music, but lately have been on a big Velvet Underground and Television kick. Sonic Youth is my favorite band. I don't play in a band anymore, but do write and record my own songs. When I have enough that I'm happy with I might start playing out again.

Anyway, this is a nice forum, I'm glad I found it.

fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Re: A belated introduction

Post by fullerplast » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:00 pm

And we're glad to have you...

:)
Q. Are we not men?

sookwinder
Mods
Mods

Post by sookwinder » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:25 pm

welcome and great that you found our site
relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...

RumorsOFsurF
Mods
Mods

Post by RumorsOFsurF » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:06 pm

Welcome!  Good to hear from you again.

Glad to have you, and your old guitar!  :)
Damn kids, get off my lawn!

k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by k o y l » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:40 am

magnificent studios wrote: I listen to all kinds of music, but lately have been on a big Velvet Underground and Television kick. Sonic Youth is my favorite band. I don't play in a band anymore, but do write and record my own songs. When I have enough that I'm happy with I might start playing out again.

Anyway, this is a nice forum, I'm glad I found it.
All this sounds very familiar to me... I could have wrote this actually .  :)

What kind of music are you doing ? 
If there's a way to hear it online, let us know (and maybe put the link in The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue -->  index.php?topic=5814.0)

Glad to have you here.  :)
Once you're lost in twilights's blue, you don't find your way. The way finds you...

magnificent studios
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by magnificent studios » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:08 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Koyl, I do have a couple songs posted on MySpace. It's myspace.com/projectmagnificent. I have a few new songs I've held off on recording cause I want to get an electronic drum kit to give it a more organic feel. The drums on "New Devices" are a machine I programmed. I'll probably end up posting acoustic/vocals demos like "Free Thrills" in the meantime.

djbentley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by djbentley » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:08 pm

welcome! it's fun here.