new jangly, shoegaze-y powerpop from Curling (RIYL: Big Star, Television, Beatles, MBV)

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
bwa
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: new jangly, shoegaze-y powerpop from Curling (RIYL: Big Star, Television, Beatles, MBV)

Post by bwa » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:02 am

Pacafeliz wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:52 am
Loving it!

Geez people you know all these weird chords... blows my mind!

♥️ thanks!! we love weird chords

bwa
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: new jangly, shoegaze-y powerpop from Curling (RIYL: Big Star, Television, Beatles, MBV)

Post by bwa » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:15 pm

tour is done! awesome shot from our Portland gig at Revolution Hall, got to play for about 700 people (!!):

cool gear of note in this shot (I'm the guitarist/vocalist in the center):
1. my old Gibson SG-Z in the hands of my co-guitarist
2. rad '59 VOS Gibson ES-330 that I've had for a long time
3. bunch of cool guitars including a CS '67 Tele on the rack (we use a lot of different tunings, so we lugged a bunch of guitars with us to avoid downtime during our set)
4. my old beat up Korg-era AC30 TB/6 flipped around to help out FOH/not kill audience members (it's cranked!)

Soggy Donkey
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Soggy Donkey » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:36 am

:-* This is really cool! 8) Somehow reminds me of Matthew Sweet's "Girlfriend"-era tones, or Come On Feel the Lemonheads tones. Planning any east-coast tours?

bwa
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by bwa » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:40 am

Soggy Donkey wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:36 am
:-* This is really cool! 8) Somehow reminds me of Matthew Sweet's "Girlfriend"-era tones, or Come On Feel the Lemonheads tones. Planning any east-coast tours?
thanks a lot! I used to play "I've Been Waiting" in a cover band a while back, great album.

we just wrapped our west coast tour and I think our sights are set on Tokyo next (my songwriting partner/co-vocalist/co-guitarist lives out there), but we would LOVE to tour on the east coast. the cities are so much closer together and I love the weather out there, too. I'll definitely update when we can get some dates together :)

bwa
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by bwa » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:24 pm

today’s Bandcamp Friday, so, for the next 24 hours, 100% of all digital and physical merch sales go directly to the artist! this is a great time to pick up a digital or vinyl copy of our new LP or a hand-printed shirt and know that your cash is going directly to support us and not a corporation

https://curling.bandcamp.com/

bwa
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by bwa » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:13 pm

howdy y’all, giving this thread a small bump since Bandcamp Friday is coming up in a couple of days. check out some music, buy some vinyl or digital tunes (if you’re so inclined!) knowing that we get 100% of the proceeds.

curling bandcamp

Jan Deal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jan Deal » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:47 pm

I listen to guys quite a lot, you are really good! Love the genre mixing!
Seas, Starry : Fuzz / Pop / Noises

"Gorgeous, soaring waves of guitars which feedback and squall deliriously with fluid and organic rhythms”

www.seasstarry.bandcamp.com

bwa
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by bwa » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:49 pm

Jan Deal wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:47 pm
I listen to guys quite a lot, you are really good! Love the genre mixing!
thanks! we pride ourselves on eclecticism 😊