My new music-focused youtube channel...discellany...

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
DarnWeight
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

My new music-focused youtube channel...discellany...

Post by DarnWeight » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:04 pm

A cheeky plug for my new youtube channel, focusing on the kind of indie/alt/noise stuff that OSG folk might go for.

Discellany is just me in old-school fanzine writer mode, talking about music I like. Nothing snazzy, simple unscripted videos with a podcast vibe, just talking to camera about stuff. I notice a trend on youtube of collectors just showing off their latest/greatest/rarest vinyl and the like, and I wanted to go somewhere different...try and talk in some depth about bands/albums/music/culture and inject a bit of feeling and context into it. My current videos are on the longer side for youtube (mostly 15-30mins), so decent hits are a little harder to come by, particularly from a "standing start". Please check in and have a look around if you have the time.

Currently, I'm running an episodic 90s series (90s Overlooked Underheard) highlighting some favorites of mine...nothing overly obscure or out there, but maybe stuff that doesn't jive with the current 90s music narrative in the wider media. I've also started doing an old NME readthrough feature, dated from the week of upload, but 33 years ago...only one of these videos (NME+33) published so far (I'm kind of crossing my fingers regarding copyright), dated 9th September 1989.

Thanks!

DarnWeight
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: My new music-focused youtube channel...discellany...

Post by DarnWeight » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:22 pm

Just bumping this to highlight some new content...

- A quick look at Pitchfork's recent '90s "Best Of" lists
- Some more NME readthroughs
- A look at some classic compilations of the 80s/90s...First one, US Hardcore/Grunge/Indie Rock (More of these coming)
- Factory Records' "big box" cassette series (85-87)

Here's the channel link again - discellany

Cheers!